Recreate M3U 2.4 - Updated 25/10/2010

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Karolm

Re: Recreate M3U 2.1 [MM2+3]

Post by Karolm »

1) No, I do not have identical tracks. For one thing, even if it might have happened once or twice, certainly not on every track on almost every playllist. But it didn't: I keep careful watch over the total number of tracks exactly to avoid duplicates (it's a rather large library) with even slightly different tag data, as I correct tags details from time to time - but that's irrelevant to the case. What do you mean by ID?

2)Most convenient would be the window with the list of playlists. Barring that, the one that would let the user to skip going "tools"-"scripts"-"Recreate M3U" every time (for each playlist), i.e., keep your script up. My situation is that I have to fix quite a number of playlists, not one at a time.

If it's convenient for you, we can continue offline and I can supply screen shots or whatever additional info you request.

Thanks for the answer - K.
"I wish you well!" - Rex Stout
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Sounds like it could be a bug so I'll have to investigate and let you know.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Karolm

Post by Karolm »

Thanks. It surely looks and feels like a bug. I thought the reason may be that I had 2 lists of playlists on the laptop, so I deleted one (outside MM). This did not help, so I started deleting the ones within MM (empty) and that did not help either. What's more, the window that was asking me to choose between the same track listed twice started also showing single tracks - I do not know what I was supposed to do about them. I made screen shots of all of this, they are available if they can help you in your investigation.

Regards - Karol
"I wish you well!" - Rex Stout
gblum

Post by gblum »

I'm having similar problems to what others have reported regarding multiple choices of the same track showing up when there's only one file in my library that matches the criteria. I'm also having problems with it freezing and locking up MM. One last question, mention has been made to changing options/configuration. How/where does on do that. I've looked in the Extensions page, but the Options button is not active. Nor, do I see this script listed under Tools/Options.

Thanks.
auburnrose55

Post by auburnrose55 »

gblum - the option is in the script itself, just open the script file in Notepad, look for the line "Dim ShowMode : ShowMode = 1" and read the comment next to it. I haven't actually tried the options in this script, I personally want something between Never & Always so the default will meet my needs when it works right. However, I have tweaked options inside other scripts, it's simple to do, try it!
gblum

Post by gblum »

auburnrose55 wrote:gblum - the option is in the script itself, just open the script file in Notepad, look for the line "Dim ShowMode : ShowMode = 1" and read the comment next to it. I haven't actually tried the options in this script, I personally want something between Never & Always so the default will meet my needs when it works right. However, I have tweaked options inside other scripts, it's simple to do, try it!
Thanks, as you indicated it was simple and straight forward. I appreciate the tip.
auburnrose55

Post by auburnrose55 »

Hello! I haven't seen any activity on this thread for a while, so I thought I'd refresh my interest in this script. I'm still having the same issue I reported last year where the script will offer me a choice of 2-5 "tracks" for about 1/3 of the tracks in a M3U playlist, but all of the choices are identical and there is only 1 track in my library database that should be matched. In one recent example, I tried to recreate a M3U playlist with 234 tracks in it - the script asked me to select between 2-5 identical choices(same artist, title, album) for about 70 of the tracks, and it completely skipped 40 of the tracks that really were in my library (same title, artist and album).

So, I have 3 requests: First, please try to fix the problem where the script makes the user choose from 2-5 identical choices when it should have made the unique match itself. Second, please try to make more matches where there might be only a small difference in artist/title/album. And third, please output a list of tracks that were NOT matched by the script, so the user doesn't have to manually figure out which tracks were skipped.

Don't mis-understand me, I like the concept of this script a lot, and even with these issues it still beats re-building the whole playlist manually. But it can be even better!
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Thanks for the suggestions, I have added them to my list. Don't worry, this script is still on my list, I'm just not getting to spend as much time scripting as I'd like to at the moment.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@thefaceman - now the next version of "GenreFinder" has been released, this is the script I am currently working on.
SpritHansi

Post by SpritHansi »

Hi!
I wishlist for the next version:
1. When the "Please select the track.." windows appear, the first option is always selected. Or the song with the highest bitrate, newest??
2. Maybe a option to have the script to always select the first track and then search for the next song.
3. A report with witch files the script didn't find.

:)
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Consider them on my list! :)
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I'm sure at least one person will be pleased to hear that I have now fixed all the known issues with this script and am in the process of adding the requested enhancements - it should be ready for release in a few days.
auburnrose55

Post by auburnrose55 »

Trixmoto - Terrific!! I'm glad you're working on this one, I was going to try it again soon. I don't know if this is on your list, but I would like to know how to easily convert a MS Excel list of Artist/Title into your "Recreate M3U" script, I have a bunch of playlist ideas I've gathered in Excel I want to get into MM3.

Thanks again for all your great scripts!
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

If you export the spreadsheet as a CSV file with space as the delimiter and then rename that to .txt, you should be able to run it through this script just fine.
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

Looking forward to seeing the next version.

As I mentioned on the ADFF thread, changing SELECT to SELECT DISTINCT seems to have got rid of the duplicates on the Choose list.

One thought, the text function could be a lot more powerful if a mask could be applied to the list, e.g. "<skip> <Title> - <Artist>".
One possible implementation would be to have a MASK="<mask>" as first line in the text file.

Noticed that currently <Artist> <Title> works a lot better than <Title> <Artist> in a text file.
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum. (Ambrose Bierce)
I drink therefore I am. (Monty Python)
Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2 / MM3.2.1.1297 Gold / Last.Fm 1.0.2.22 / IE8
Dell Inspiron 530 (1.8 Core2 / 2GB)
Skin: Vitreous Blue
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies