Clear Field 1.3 - Updated 26/07/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

nynaevelan

Re: Clear Field 1.2 [MM2+3] - Updated 05/01/2010

Post by nynaevelan »

A question: I noticed the icons have disappeared, have you removed all 2.5 version of your scripts??
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
trixmoto

Re: Clear Field 1.2 [MM2+3] - Updated 05/01/2010

Post by trixmoto »

Yes I have, as I am no longer creating them and I often get people using the MM2 installer even if they've got MM3. Now all of the old versions of a script are available (using the "click here for older versions" link), which includes the MM2 installers.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Rednroll

Re: Clear Field 1.2 - Updated 05/01/2010

Post by Rednroll »

I think I found a problem. I was trying to clear 196 Tracks of their "Track Volume" values. I looked through the help file and found the key word for this column is "leveling". So with the 196 tracks selected, I ran Clear Field 1.2 and entered "leveling" into the "clear field?" prompt. Instead of clearing the field it added a value of -1.0dB into everyone of the 196 tracks I had selected.
:(
Rednroll

Post by Rednroll »

Ok, I figured this one out.

If I enter in "leveling" it set all the Track Volume values to -1.0dB like shown above. If I capitalize the "L" and enter "Leveling" instead, it then clears the fields.
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

What are the results if I use this script to clear the the track volume field if a track volume has been leveled, rather than analyzed?
I'm guess it will simply clear the value but the file will remain in its altered state.

I made the mistake of running "Level Volume" on a few albums when I was new to MM. I would like to fix that, but the damage seems to be irreversible. I would just re-rip the cds but there is apparently no way to differentiate between an album that has had the volume "analyzed" and an album that has had the volume "leveled."
--
The gpzbc
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yes those leveled files can't be reversed and there is no way to identify these files in MediaMonkey. I guess only if you noticed some sound quality issues there would be reason to rerip files.
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Thank you
--
The gpzbc
Peke

Post by Peke »

A wild guess, unless you have changed Leveling index leveled tracks mostly show 0.0 -> 0.2 leveling index which is very very rare if it happen on all tracks in album.

It will narrow the search but you will need to confirm by listenning them :(
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Thanks for the tip, Peke. Teknojnky mentioned that today too in another thread. I'll definitely pursue that. It just might do the trick.
--
The gpzbc
rithym

Post by rithym »

Like this Script... very useful however, I am having trouble entering the correct field to remove the Album Volume tags. Can anyone help?

TIA

okay... found the correct field LevelingAlbum

Hope this helps someone else
Will the last person please get the light!
MonkeyStrut

Post by MonkeyStrut »

Dear trixmoto --

First of all, thanks for your script. However, I'm not sure yet if it can solve my issue. My MediaMonkey is not in English, so my translations hereafter might be somehow different from what they are in the English version, but I'd like to erase what is present in the following filed: Properties > Album Art tab > Description field

Does your script allow to remove what's inside this Description field? If not, do you know of any method/script to do so?

Thank you.

-Cheers-
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

This isn't a field in the songdata, which is what this script is designed to do, it is a field within a piece of artwork. My AlbumArtTagger script might be able to do this, I can't remember, sorry.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Belgrath

Post by Belgrath »

I am I currently running both 4.0.7.1511 and 3.2.5.1306 in different directories with my various scripts installed on both. If I'm unable to see BAT after I install it within my 4.0.x installations. Actually I'm having the same issue in multiple scripts where I can only see them in my 3.2 version. This has been going on for quite some time now so I just use both and depending on what I want to edit I use different version of MM, but I'm finally looking to consolidate into 4.0.

I've ran MM in Admin mode then tried to install the script, I've ran it as a normal user then tried to install etc...

I think there something that I'm missing which is a bit more fundamental... Any help is appreciated.

Here's a listing of scripts which all seem to behave like this, it may help to isolate the issue:
- Clear Field
- Batch Art Finder
- Album Art Tagger
- Genre Finder

Many thanks ahead of time,
Belg
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

See my response in the "Batch Art Finder" thread.
wolfram.brod

clear field v 1.2

Post by wolfram.brod »

I just downloaded clear field and installed it to my MM4. What I want to do is: clear the "Album-Interpret", and I tried it with different writings: with or w/o the blank, with a minus instead of the blank, and with all types of writing I found in the different "Eigenschaften"-dialogs. But no one worked: got the message "invalid field name was specified".

It would be a great help to show what field names are accepted.
Thanks
Last edited by Lowlander on Mon May 13, 2013 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing topic