Case & Leading Zero Fixer 1.4.2 (2008-04-15)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Wildstyle

Re: Case & Leading Zero Fixer 1.4.2 (2008-04-15)

Post by Wildstyle »

Bex wrote:I'll add the wish to my todo-list.
Thx for taking my request into consideration :)
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Dreadlau wrote:Just looking at the screen-shot in the first page of the "RegExp find and replace" thread, I'm completely lost and scared. :/
1. Install the suggested add-on;
2. select needed tracks in the main tracklist or Now Playing panel;
3. choose Edit > Tag Manipulation Presets > Remove leading and trailing spaces from <Into Field>...;
4. specify Title for the Destination field (if it is not already specified);
5. press OK button.

I really don't know how simpler could be then that. Well, it could be even simpler - you could turn on the Toolbar check box for the mentioned preset using the RegExp Find & Replace dialog box and after that you could just click on the new toolbar button instead of the three clicks in the 3-rd step. Or you could specify keyboard Shortcut for the mentioned preset, e.g. Ctrl+T and you would get modified tracks by the press on that keyboard hotkey.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
Bio___

Post by Bio___ »

I love the idea of deleting leading and trailing spaces. My preference would it be an option in Case and leading Zero fixer and have it operate on anything Case and leading Zero Fixer touches automatically.
Thanks for all the work on the scripts I love it
tma

Post by tma »

I'm a little behind here, but wanted to report back that Case & Leading Zero Fixer is now installed and running again. Never figured out the problem, but I tried an early beta of MM4 and it wasn't working out for me so went back to MM3. Then thought why not try installing Case & Leading Zero Fixer one more time and there it was! No idea what fixed the problem?
Thanks to all that offered help and Thanks for the great script, now working flawlessly!!!
MM3 monkey

Post by MM3 monkey »

Hi, Bex. I've deleted all the little words and then added in 'n' (ie. " 'n' " if you see what I mean!).

But when I run the script, "Rock 'n' Roll Ain't Noise Pollution" gets changed to "Rock 'N' Roll Ain't Noise Pollution".

This is the entry from my (MM4) MediaMonkey.ini file:

[CaseModify]
ShortCut=Alt+Q
CbxDiscnr=1
DDDiscnr=1
CbxTracknr=1
DDTracknr=1
CbxArtist=1
DDArtist=0
CbxTitle=1
DDTitle=0
CbxAlbum=1
DDAlbum=0
CbxAlbumArtist=1
DDAlbumArtist=0
CbxComposer=1
DDComposer=0
CbxConductor=1
DDConductor=0
CbxLyricist=1
DDLyricist=0
CbxFileName=1
DDFileName=0
DDExtension=2
CbxDispOnlyDiff=1

I don't know what to look at in the vbs file. But the only mention of 'n' in there is in the "DefaultLittleWords =" section.

---

The second thing is a (probably ill-thought-out) suggestion/request for checkboxes alongside each entry that is due to be fixed.

I have the American states in the album name sometimes and things like OH (Ohio) get changed to Oh. Clearly I don't want to add OH to the forced case list; it would be nice to be able to run the script and then just uncheck the ones that I don't want to be changed.
Bex

Post by Bex »

The lists are stored in the database. I don't know why the 'n' thing isn't working for you? Perhaps are the quote characters you are using different from the ones in your file?
e.g.
Nornal qutote: '
Accent: ´
Reversed accent: `

I'm sorry but I don't have the time to add checkboxes to the result window since I actually don't know how to do it and it takes time to learn it. Sometime in the future I'll try though.

I'll add removal of leading and trailing spaces in the next version of the script.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
WimYogya

Post by WimYogya »

@ Bex:
Could the option be added to also change case in the COMMENT field?
I often use it, want to uniformize it to lower case.
Another tool can do it, but that is external - I prefer your script, to keep things internal.
Thanks, if it's possible.
Pity, if it's not.
Wim - 67 - Dutchman in Yogyakarta/Indonesia
Acer Aspire 6935 - Intel Core 2 Duo P8400, 2.26 GHz, 4 GB Ram DDR3, 320 GB hard disk, 1 CD/DVD-writer, 3 external drives (3Tb + 1Tb + 1Tb) - Windows 7 Ultimate - MM4.0.6.1498 debug and updating if necessary
Bex

Post by Bex »

It's possible, I'll add it to the long todo list for this script.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
WimYogya

Post by WimYogya »

Glad you can do it, take your time to fix it.
Thankx
Acer Aspire 6935 - Intel Core 2 Duo P8400, 2.26 GHz, 4 GB Ram DDR3, 320 GB hard disk, 1 CD/DVD-writer, 3 external drives (3Tb + 1Tb + 1Tb) - Windows 7 Ultimate - MM4.0.6.1498 debug and updating if necessary
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

You could already lowercase whatever field you want using the RegExp Find & Replace add-on with the following settings:
Preset: Lowercase <Into Field>...
Find what: ^.*
Into: whatever field you want
Regular expression 1: checked
Replace with: LCase("$&")
VBScript expression: checked

By the way, with the latest 4.2 version you could apply the same preset to the several fields at once using the "All Text Fields" item from the Into dropdown list.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
WimYogya

Post by WimYogya »

Oh, ok, Zvez, thanks.
Just today I came across your script, installed it but had no time yet to explore it.
First impressions are very positive!
So far I used for search/replace actions the external tool MP3TAG, you know it?
There I learned to set the first simple regular expressions steps.
Can you compare your script with MP3TAG?
I hope it can do approximately the same, because then I can handle all operations from within MM.
WimYogya

Post by WimYogya »

@Bex:
I guess I made a mistake, but don't know how to proceed now.
I installed your Advanced Duplicate FF yesterday, saw it in the tree menu under Music > Files to Edit > Advanced Dup (on the end of the list). But it is gone there now. I re-installed it, the installation was confirmed, but I don't see ADFF mentioned where I expect it. Only in the Option > Library menu.
The same with your TagInconstistencies script that I installed 5 mins ago: successful installation was confirmed, but it is invisible in the Files to Edit menu in the tree.
UPDATE: FOUND THEM ALREADY - Previously I looked in a number of collections (now playing, music etc) and there they do NOT appear in the Files to Edit menu. But in the Library > Files to Edit they appear - Why only THERE? Confusing, I must say.
The one below is still open for an answer:

The opposite (more or less) happened with your Case&Zero Fixer: I couldn't find it back after a good night's sleep, so re-installed it and now I have TWO instances of the addon in my right click contect menu. How to remove one of them?
Last edited by WimYogya on Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

WimYogya wrote:Can you compare your script with MP3TAG?
Do MP3TAG have 253 predefined presets? Could it use VBScript expressions when manipulating tags? Could it use SQL when manipulating tags?

RegExp Find & Replace cannot do approximately the same, but much more.
jamburglar

Post by jamburglar »

Thanks for a wonderful script. :)

Any progress on the checkboxes? Would be a tremendous addition to an already awesome script.
Pearlie

Post by Pearlie »

Hi, MediaMonkey Virgin shyly peeping in :oops:

I have made the transition from Itunes (after many many years) to MM and so far I love what I see. I like the sound of this script, my music is in a total mess, I am having problems installing it though. I have downloaded it, and I can see it in Tools>scripts, but I can't see it in Tools>Options>Library>Case checker so I can't configure it. I have MM Gold Version 3.1.0.1256 ..... Am I missing something simple here? Any help - in an idiots guide format, would be most appreciated..Thanks

:P