Case & Leading Zero Fixer 1.4.2 (2008-04-15)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Tursiops47

Re: Case & Leading Zero Fixer 1.4.2 (2008-04-15) [MM3]

Post by Tursiops47 »

Bex wrote:Ok, try this link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?0h1mzh1lhda
Worked like I charm! Thanks much for the follow-through Bex & Nethog. I was surprised how quick the Zip completed in my Download folder!
For the record, I'm using Firefox 3.0.4. My isp (192.168.1.100) is in Aguascalientes, Mexico. I do have some download problems from the USA occasionally, especially for audio streaming from paranoid broadcasters, but no previous experience with home.oneline.no. At any rate, Mediafire worked fine! Will install immediately.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Download link fixed! :D
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
Tursiops47

Post by Tursiops47 »

Bex, I spoke too soon. :( I was able to download the file and it appears I installed it, but it doesn't appear in Tools/Scripts.
Once downloaded I clicked on it and WinZip showed me the *.mmip file. I clicked on that and it sort of appeared installed! But I figured it ought to be in file MM3 folder area at least. So I extracted it to F:\Program Files\MediaMonkey3\Scripts\Auto\ and ran it from there. Monkey loaded and a dialog window it would "install the product" so I clicked the "Install Now" button. I got a nice response, "Product was successfully installed."
But I can't find it! TOOL/SCRIPTS/ still just shows my 4 original scripts.

Then I re-read your MM3 (Installer) instructions. "Go to the Settings (Tools>Options>Library>Case and Leading Zero Fixer) and change them to your liking."
Oh! :o There it is. :oops:
Pman

Post by Pman »

Thanks for the great script, i don't know why MM got rid of the leading 0 in the first place.

Just one note, is there anyway you could add the possibility of adding the leading 0 to tracks not in the library. I like to sort my music out by checking it at D:\Music on MM so i know where everything goes (just to double check), so is there a possibility of highlighting tracks and then adding the 0's?

Pman
  • W7Ultimate x32 - MM4 - SHABBA!
Bex

Post by Bex »

It already works on tracks not in library! :)
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.

All My Scripts
mistresso

Post by mistresso »

First off, very nice script!

However, I have a few questions.

I noticed that with file name correcting, if your file name is in a format like mine:

<track #> <title>

... and if the song title starts with a word like 'A' or 'The', then that word gets put to lower case in the file name - which would not be correct in my case. Is there a way to make it so that for the BEGINNINGS of song titles, the first letter is always assumed to be capitalized? I believe this rule may be being applied to the entire string, but not the title string individually when concatenated with other data.

Also, some more recommendations for common forced case names: ABBA, NYC, IRS, MCA

Thank you.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Thanks!

It looks like I have to disregard any non-letter characters in the filename, at least in the beginning. I don't know when I got the time to look into it though.

Re. recommendations, it's hard to satisfy everyone but you know you can add/delete in the list?

All My Scripts
Tursiops47

Post by Tursiops47 »

When adding or editing titles, my collection is all <Title, The> - <Artist, The). Sometimes I want "the" to be lower case, as in the middle of a title. Other times I want it upper case, as the beginning work of a title or part of the name of a group (Crickets, The). In a specific case:

House of the Rising Sun, The - Animals, The

It took awhile to find an example. In light of this, it's not worth trying to make it work automatically with your C&LZF script. But would it be possible to somehow select a title or titles within a selected list to have it ignore that title only before clicking the <OK> button?
Bex

Post by Bex »

I'll see what I can do next time I look into this script...

All My Scripts
MM3 monkey

Post by MM3 monkey »

Bex wrote:You can either update the code in the existing script or make a separate install. If you update the original script, please note that future updates of MM will revert the case script to the old version. Which means you need to update the script again. (Unless the MM-team find this change useful and ship this version of the script with MM.)
My vote for the bit in bold (from a long long time ago).

Anyway, Bex, I've got myself confused [it happens a lot]. I removed case.vbs from the Auto folder and then ran Clear ScriptsIni (which gave a partial error which I didn't understand but seemed basically to work!). I just looked at my Scripts.ini and there is no mention of "case", i.e. not even your one. Did I do the right thing?

Thanks for this script too; it's another one I really like.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Thanks!
My version is a an auto-script since it creates right-click menus on the startup, auto-scripts doesn't have any entry in the scripts.ini file. If your intention was to remove the case script, which is shipped with MM, then you did the right thing but it will be installed again when you upgrade MM.

All My Scripts
mywhalmy

Post by mywhalmy »

Would it be feasible to extend this script to handle additional case fixing rules besides English?

Specifically, my collection consists of mostly English and Dutch songs. In Dutch however, it is not customary to have most words capitalized. In Dutch titles are capitalized as if they were sentences.

I regularly come across poorly tagged files that have all words capitalized and I'd like to be able to choose between English and Dutch casefixing.

Would that be possible?

--
Maurice
MM3 monkey

Post by MM3 monkey »

mywhalmy wrote:In Dutch, titles are capitalized as if they were sentences.
RegExp Find & Replace 3.2 w/ 90+ presets (2009-01-20)[MM2+3] will do that for you. It used to be a bit slow on a lot of tracks at once but it's much quicker now (I think you really need to have the latest MM 3.1).

It comes with presets. You choose a preset like what you want to do and then change it a bit in the GUI. It only works on one field at a time, I think, so hopefully Bex can meet your request - but RegExp Find & Replace is very powerful and a good thing to have in your MM toolkit.

By the way, it installs a couple of large buttons on your toolbar. Don't worry, you can get rid of them. Open RegExp up (the icon on the left) and find the preset called "Increment play counter". Uncheck "Toolbar button". Do the same for "Decrement..."

Auscherblieft. :-?
Bex

Post by Bex »

@mywhalmy,

Sure, a "capitalize sentence case"-option will be implemented in the next version. :)
Btw, It isn't a matter of English vs Dutch but rather how poeple want to capitalize their songs.

Also, it actually exists a "capitalizeto sentence case" script somewhere deep hidden in the forum- I believe Jiri was the one who wrote it like 5-6 years ago. It should work in MM3 but I'm not sure.

All My Scripts
MM3 monkey

Post by MM3 monkey »

I never mentioned this because I'm sure it must be specific to me, but I can't work it out so here goes.

'n' gets changed to 'N' even though it's in my Little Words.

Also I just added [featuring and then featuring to the Forced--Case Words but Refresh still leaves it as [Featuring . I tried to put them in Little Words too.

Btw [is that the right case?!], I'm not sure sometimes whether something should be a Little Word or a Forced-Case Word. I mean, I''ve got feat. as a Forced-Case Word; would it have the same effect if feat. was in the Little Words list? Sorry to be so dumb.