Tagging Inconsistencies 4.0.1 (2014-02-27)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Bex

Re: Tagging Inconsistencies 3.9.4 (2009-01-10)

Post by Bex »

gpzbc wrote:I've been looking into Trixmoto's Calculate Cover Size script to help me weed out all my low quality album art. I was getting ready to implement it, but I just realized that running it will modify every single track in my library, which will result in a massive reupload to my offsite backup. It will take me weeks to do that.

That is why I am hoping that you can implement this feature into Tagging Inconsistencies. :wink: That way the tag could be read without modifying each and every file.
Thanks
I'll see what I can do but no promises...
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Thank you!
--
The gpzbc
Evil Overlord

Post by Evil Overlord »

Terrific script! Apparently there are lots of us perfectionists out there.

One question: the script allows for finding albums with 1x art, or with >=2 art. What I'd like to end up with is for each album to have exactly 2x art - 1 in the tag for each song, one jpg in the folder. Is there a way to search for >2? (as opposed to >=2)
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Just have it set for >=3.
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
Evil Overlord

Post by Evil Overlord »

nynaevelan wrote:Just have it set for >=3.
Excellent plan! Now, if only ...

Actually, once I knew it was possible, I did fairly quickly find how to set the script's (many!) options (right click on node). Thanks.
vinylman

Post by vinylman »

Hello,

I have used MediaMonkey for a couple of months now, and I very happy with it. I just stumbled upon this script and it is wonderful. It helped me very much when I found out that I could not have birtrate in the heading in browserview anymore. I now can at least use the script to find irregularuty in the bitrate :-) That was how I found the script. But it was so much more!!!

Thank You!!!

One question I also have. When checking for Persons with >Non-letter inconsistencies I would have liked an option to turn composer off when comparing. Is it possible?

Kind regards
Vinylman
Bex

Post by Bex »

Thank you, vinylman!

The Composers are stored in the same table as the Artists, Album Artists, Conductors and Lyricists so it's a bit complicated to exclude them and it can't really be done for just one node, so I'm not especially keen to implement such option. Why do you not want them to be included?
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.

All My Scripts
MusicBringer

Post by MusicBringer »

Bex wrote:Why do you not want them to be included?
Coz they are a pain. Grrrhhh.
I have noticed that Composers are invariably misspelled or not consistent with the Artist name.
Whenever I run Tagging Inconsistencies I merely zap any entries that are in Composers that are not the same as Artist.
To correct them has become too tiresome coz there are too many that are wrong.
I vote exclude Composers but I understand it is not that easy with them being lumped in with Artists (a bad decision).
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Bex

Post by Bex »

The bigger the reason to correct them! :)

Actually, I think I fairly easily can implement a global option, in which the different "persons" can be selected individually. But I'm not sure how easy it'll be...

All My Scripts
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

You're the scripting and SQL expert, but just spit balling in my own head, I think you could run a check on the sum of the other fields. So if they want to exclude Conductors and Lyricists, then you could do something like:

Code: Select all

SELECT (Tracks + Albums + Authors) as CheckValue FROM Artists
In which case, if the CheckValue is greater than one, then they're an artist who performs in a role other than the ones that are to be excluded. Then you could maybe run an IF in the script on this value, or use a "WHERE CheckValue > 0" in subsequent calls? That would exclude anyone who has performed solely in the roles not wanted. This wouldn't exclude an entry as Composer for those who are also Artists, but in that case, I don't think it would really make sense to exclude "Composer" from their list if you're already displaying them because of their role as an Artist? Gah, I don't know... my head hurts now.
Bex

Post by Bex »

The problem is to change the logic and SQL's in the code for all sub-nodes and "add-to-main-window"-functions. It has to be done dynamically and it doesn't look that easy...

All My Scripts
odumrf

Post by odumrf »

This is just awsome awsome awsome awsome !!!! What a neat tool. Thanks :D :D :D
Bex

Post by Bex »

Thank you, odumrf! :)

All My Scripts
thegoldenvision

Post by thegoldenvision »

Something with this brilliant function that is driving me mad.

How the hell do you fix Node vs Track Case inconsistencies? I am sure it is a limitation with me and not the script
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Owyn wrote:
MusicBringer wrote:
gpzbc wrote:There have been a few times when I sat and stared at a node inconsistency for hours and could not figure out what was wrong.
Yeah you and me both :cry:
Sometimes it is a node value versus track value inconsistency. Adding e.g. "x" to the value in the track and then removing it in a subsequent edit will usually clean up these cases.
I found this on the previous page.

Yes, I agree. It can be maddening at times. But this tip usually works.
--
The gpzbc