Monkey Rok 4.1 - Updated 17/08/2009

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

SHR

Post by SHR »

Hi Trixmoto,

:oops: I'm sorry for this.

But how about this:

Code: Select all

dim lsd : lsd = "."
  lsd = mid(formatnumber(0,2,-1,0,0),2,1)
  if not instr(rating,lsd) then
    rating = replace(rating,".",lsd)
  end if
and:

Code: Select all

If InStr(rating, lsd) Then
    rating = Left(rating,InStr(rating, lsd)-1)
  End if
This should work no matter what locale is used. Formatnumber will use the correct locale and rating is always a double.
To test it I've changed my decimal seperator to |...and it worked! 8)
[EDIT]Ups. You deleted your post. Do you have a different solution? So we will see.[/EDIT]
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I deleted my post because I'd come up with a very similar idea myself. Although I'm not using the FormatNumber, I'm just convert 1.1 into a string which uses the locale and then extracting the middle character. I works for me with [.] and [,] so hopefully this will fix a few people's problems. Thanks for your help! :)
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Maaspuck

Post by Maaspuck »

Hi trixmotot,

i just tried the Monkey Rok and it really ro(c)ks. Brilliant work!

Maaspuck
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Thanks! :)
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
nduke

Post by nduke »

First of all, I am a HUGE MonkeyRok fan. My monkey would be downright naked without it!

Recently all the text in the MonkeyRok panel is in a tiny font. I must have played with a setting somewhere, but I didn't consciously change it! All other text in MM is the same as always.

I have tried changing Rok's skin but that doesn't help. I'm assuming Rok is pulling the font size from somewhere I'm not thinking of. Could someone illuminate me. It's probably simple and right in front of my face!
RedX

Post by RedX »

Maybe IE font size for default tezt size? only place i can think of...
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I'm glad you like the script. :D

This could be the IE font size, which can be change in the View menu bar to values like small, medium and large.

The font size can also be changed in the skin.css file in the folder of the skin you are using. This script was designed (by oldskool73) to be as customisable as possible so all the visual settings can be changed in these style sheets.
nduke

Post by nduke »

trixmoto wrote:I'm glad you like the script. :D

This could be the IE font size, which can be change in the View menu bar to values like small, medium and large.
Thanks Trixmoto & RedX - that was exactly it.
TJOHO

Post by TJOHO »

Trixmoto's site has had a problem for quite a while now. In the Script section, I only get this error:
Warning: mysql_connect(): Too many connections in /home/trixmoto/public_html/mm/scripts.php on line 19
Could not connect: Too many connections
. Can someone upload the install file for v1.2? I missed the update (forum notifications were broken) and am eager to try it out! :)
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I'll have to get onto my webhost about those error messages. The direct url is: http://trixmoto.net/files/MonkeyRok12.exe
Filroden

Post by Filroden »

MonkeyRok and Windows Vista (32bit and 64bit)

For anyone else having trouble with MonkeyRok giving a script error, try the following:

Right-click the MediaMonkey exe file and select properties. On the Security tab select edit, accept the usual Windows "do you really want to let me do this" warning then, for your user account, set your permission to full access.
TJOHO

Post by TJOHO »

One word: WOW!

I absolutely love the last.fm integration - I think I suggested the similar artist thing, but integrating it with how many albums/tracks by similar artists you have in your library is just genius.

Also very very happy about the advanced options for what to do with any listed track - right click and select how you want it to play.

They should make this part of MM3 and pay you for this.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Thanks, I'm glad you like this script! :D
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

New version (1.3) is now available from my website. Changes include...

- Fixed "id is null" error on context menu at the very top
- Fixed "expecting object xml" error if last.fm uncontactable
- Added more fields to the extra information mask
- Fixed ratings not working in some locales (thanks to SHR)
- Added options to play menu for viewing album and artist
- Added links to similar artists in your library for viewing
- Moved similar artists into a separate panel with new options
- Added option to get recommended albums from Last.Fm

The list of recommended albums is Last.Fm's list of albums by that artist, listed in order of popularity, only showing the ones that you do not have.

I've looked at the Wikipedia report but there is just too much text to display and processing the report to remove Wikipedia's own tabs takes too long, so I don't think this is a viable option.
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Thanks for another great update! :D