Album artist = artist

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

SpritHansi

Album artist = artist

Post by SpritHansi »

Hi!
Is there a script that set the Album Artist field the same as the Album field?
Regards
SpritHansi
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

To the same as the album field? Do you mean the artist field? MM does this for you (if you have populated the album field) automatically when editing the properties.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
SpritHansi

Post by SpritHansi »

Yes of course I mean the artist field. :roll:
What do you mean by populated?

I want a script that set the Album artist like the Artist.
I have over 150000 songs, and it will take a week to check all my songs
Regards
SpritHansi
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

You shouldn't need to manually update them, MM normally updates the album artist field any time any other tag is updated.

You can force a sync tags by selecting all (or whatever subset) files and pressing control-S.

If you adjust rating or analyze volume that should also update them.
Mthrsuperior

Post by Mthrsuperior »

SpritHansi wrote:I have over 150000 songs, and it will take a week to check all my songs
Whew! So I'm not the most obsessed one here afterall.

I think what the poster is asking is if there is script that will add album artist info to tracks that weren't tagged with MM originally.
I'm assuming since he's asking that the monkey doesn't do this when importing tags into the library although I'm aware it fills in this field when creating tags the first time...
:o
SpritHansi

Post by SpritHansi »

Mthrsuperior wrote:
SpritHansi wrote:I have over 150000 songs, and it will take a week to check all my songs
Whew! So I'm not the most obsessed one here afterall.

I think what the poster is asking is if there is script that will add album artist info to tracks that weren't tagged with MM originally.
I'm assuming since he's asking that the monkey doesn't do this when importing tags into the library although I'm aware it fills in this field when creating tags the first time...
:o
Yes, thats right. I have a lot of songs that I have imported into MM, and in this songs, the album artist field is not automaticly updated.
Is there a quick way to update this songs/tags?
Regards
SpritHansi
Bex

Post by Bex »

Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts