Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.8.2 (2014-01-27)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Bex

Re: Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.7.4 (2010-08-21)

Post by Bex »

Sorry for my lengthy absence.... :(

Regarding:
User with problems wrote:Error #9 - Microsoft VBScript runtime error
Subscript out of range: '[number: 4]'
File: "C:\Programs\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\AdvancedDuplicateFindFixMM3.vbs, Line: 483, Column: 4
I don't now why this happens but to get rid of it, simply uninstall the script and make sure you remove its settings, then install the script again and it should work fine. Unfortunately, you will lose your settings, so you need to set them up again.

For other issues reported, I'll soon start to work on this script and make it work better for MM4. But other scripts is higher up in the queue.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
daxxdog

Post by daxxdog »

Uninstalling the script and settings did not work. Errors come back after trying install again.

using MM 4.06.1501
Bex

Post by Bex »

That's strange. I wonder what the cause could be then?
Do you have a portable installation of MM?
Which locale do you have?
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.

All My Scripts
jkalsch

Post by jkalsch »

I just installed the script and it looks great but when I click on custom duplicate search part of the menu isn't visible and I can't find a way to scroll the screen, the last part I can read is the "Display the Result Grouped by:" and the rest is hidden by the bottom taskbar. Do you have any suggestions?
Bex

Post by Bex »

To reduce the size of the form in "Custom Duplicate Search" and "Find More from Same", you can remove fields you don't use in the options.

All My Scripts
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Fan

Post by Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Fan »

Bex wrote:Sorry for my lengthy absence.... :(

Regarding:
File: "C:\Programs\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\AdvancedDuplicateFindFixMM3.vbs, Line: 483, Column: 4
I don't now why this happens but to get rid of it, simply uninstall the script and make sure you remove its settings, then install the script again and it should work fine. Unfortunately, you will lose your settings, so you need to set them up again.

For other issues reported, I'll soon start to work on this script and make it work better for MM4. But other scripts is higher up in the queue.
I fixed this problem but it's very strange solution. I've check the source code and I found problem is in MediaMonkey.ini:

1. Install script. Close error message.
2. Close MM.
3. Backup your MediaMonkey.ini file. (Win7: c:\Users\<<username>>\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\)
4. Open MediaMonkey.ini for editing (Notepad++, etc.).
5. Find section [AdvDupeFindFix] and CPMDefault0 key.
6. In his value you could see a couple of strings delimited with "@{Ł\" <- here is the problem.
7. Script expects "@{£\" so replace all "@{Ł\" with "@{£\" <- 145 occurences were in my .ini file.
8. Save ini file.
9. Run MM.

after this "fix" i've tried uninstall script and install him again and this problem was no longer possible to simulate. hope this helps.
jkalsch

Post by jkalsch »

Thanks Bex that helped.
daxxdog

Post by daxxdog »

Replacing @{Ł\ with @{£\ did not work for me. There was actually no @{Ł\ in my ini file.

I uninstalled the script and closed MM, went into the ini file and still saw [AdvDupeFindFix] so i removed that whole section, saved the ini and ran the AdvancedDuplicateFindFix.3.7.4.mmip file to install. MM opened and and installed the file with no errors.

I haven't played with the extension yet but just wanted to say how I got the errors to go away.

Cheers.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Fan wrote:
Bex wrote:Sorry for my lengthy absence.... :(

Regarding:

I fixed this problem but it's very strange solution. I've check the source code and I found problem is in MediaMonkey.ini:

1. Install script. Close error message.
2. Close MM.
3. Backup your MediaMonkey.ini file. (Win7: c:\Users\<<username>>\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\)
6. In his value you could see a couple of strings delimited with "@{Ł\" <- here is the problem.
7. Script expects "@{£\" so replace all "@{Ł\" with "@{£\" <- 145 occurences were in my .ini file.
8. Save ini file.
9. Run MM.

after this "fix" i've tried uninstall script and install him again and this problem was no longer possible to simulate. hope this helps.
This is very strange indeed. But I will probably change all this when I get to this script in my update round.

All My Scripts
usermm9k

Post by usermm9k »

Hi, I've read trough the info and couldn't find an answer: Is there any way to automatically delete all duplicates? I have a rather large number of duplicates and deleting them manually would be near impossible.
Also I encounter the following problem when I click "Create Keep/Delete suggestion nodes":

I'm not sure what to make of it. I'm using the latest version of your script with MediaMonkey 4.0.6.1501

Thanks.
usermm9k

Post by usermm9k »

^ update (sorry, can't edit as a guest): The problem seems to be caused by the Glided skin. Also, isn't it possible to add "bitrate" as an option to the keep/delete suggestion nodes? That way, we could opt to keep the tracks with the higest bitrate at all times.
Bex

Post by Bex »

You can already choose bitrate and much more in the "Custom Duplicate Search"-Node.
In The "Same Content"-Node all the files are identical so to be able to choose bitrate there wouldn't do anything.

All My Scripts
usermm9k

Post by usermm9k »

Ah yes, I see now. Thanks for the help and good job on the script, made life much easier for me! :)
Bex

Post by Bex »

Thank you, usermm9k!

All My Scripts
RabanePaco

Other sollution for problem.

Post by RabanePaco »

Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Fan wrote: [...]
[...]
I didn't have strings "@{Ł\", but something like "Â{£\". Not the Ł/£ problem , but the @ was wrong. Also at other places.

I noticed that after uninstalling ADF&F the [AdvDupeFindFix] key hadn't been removed. [I requested that the settings should be removed!]

After uninstalling ADF&F from MM I removed the [AdvDupeFindFix] key completely from the init file.

Reinstalling ADF&F solved the whole problem. Keys now are correct: "PMDefault0=0@{£\1@{£\ListToList - Manual Selection@{£\1@{£\1 [....]"
        -- RabanePaco

MM 4.1.14.1813, RegExp Find & Replace
System: Windows 10, 64 bits, all updates. Intel(R) Core(TM) i5, 3.20GHz, 4 Core(s), 8 GB main memory, 250 GB SSD, etc.
NetGear NAS 2 TB, 822 albums, 14+ k tracks, 110 GB, 10000 hours playinmg time.
SqueezeBox Duet, iPod (classic)