Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.8.2 (2014-01-27)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

wrobbins

Re: Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.3 (2009-01-11) [MM3]

Post by wrobbins » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:45 am

Installing it from the desktop finally worked.
Thanks
Wesley Robbins

Gentoo

Post by Gentoo » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:46 pm

Bex, I just want to say thanks for this and your tagging inconsistencies scripts. I've got (what I think of as) a lot of music but for various reasons have it on a couple of discs and had not really thought about a good file name system / heirachy when I started saving music. I'm much better with those now but was having trouble sorting out duplicates, organising and tagging - these scripts will help enormously and, so far as I can tell from only installing last night, work perfectly. Thanks again for your efforts (and those that helped out) with this.

Bex

Post by Bex » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:51 pm

Thank you, Gentoo! :D

I'm glad you found the scripts useful.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts

Bex

Post by Bex » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:58 pm

jonp wrote:Thanks Bex - I will give the new script a go and let you know if I find any problems. Thanks again for your effort in updating this script.
Thank you, jonp! :)
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.

All My Scripts

Niteblade

Post by Niteblade » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:17 pm

I would love it if this script were able to distinguish between CBR and VBR mp3s.

Bex

Post by Bex » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:59 pm

I can implement VBR yes/no. But to distinguish between CBR/ABR seems impossible. Would that be OK?
Where in the script do you want it?

All My Scripts

Niteblade

Post by Niteblade » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:53 pm

Bex wrote:I can implement VBR yes/no. But to distinguish between CBR/ABR seems impossible. Would that be OK?
Where in the script do you want it?
That's fine.

In essence, what I would like is for VBR, CBR, ABR to be added as duplicate filter criteria. Where duplicates are found, I would like to keep the VBR version, regardless if there were a CBR 320k, 256k, 192k, 160k, 128k etc. version present.

In addition, would it be possible to identify the encoder for a particular song? If two songs exists, and one of them uses Lame and the other one uses something else inferior, I would want to keep the Lame encoded file.

Thanks a lot. You have a very powerful script here.

Bex

Post by Bex » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:37 pm

Thanks!

As said MM doesn't keep track if the file is CBR/ABR, only if it's VBR or not VBR. The later will be added to the next release. :)

Re. encoder, there is such field in MM's database but it seems to contain a lot of crap (e.g. used software) so it isn't really that useful. But you can already use that field when determine what to keep since the field is available in Filters.

All My Scripts

Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:20 pm

[...] Which speaking of forgetting, what does "Smart Contain" do again?
Last edited by Mizery_Made on Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bex

Post by Bex » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:11 am

I'll have a look later today.

Smart contains only searches for the "full word", e.g.
Contains: Abba finds Abba, Black Sabbath
Smart contains: Abba finds only Abba

Suggestions for a better name than Smart Contains are welcome!

All My Scripts

Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:14 am

Oh, right, I remember the Smart Contain now. My memory is horrible. :\

MM3 monkey

Post by MM3 monkey » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:44 pm

"Contains full word" ?

Bex

Post by Bex » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:43 pm

Perhaps just "Contains Word" would be ok?

All My Scripts

Bex

Re: Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.3.1 (2009-02-04) [MM3]

Post by Bex » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:53 pm

Script is updated!
Ver 3.3.1 (2009-02-04)
- Updated "Find More From Same"
- - Added VBR/CBR
- - Fixed "Contains" didn't work properly
- - Fixed "Smart Contains" didn't work sometimes
- - Redesigned the Form
- - Changed layout in the form to better show how "AND/OR" radio-buttons work
- Updated "Create Keep/Delete Suggestion Nodes" in both "Custom Duplicate Search/Same Content"
- - Added VBR/CBR
- Updated "Custom Duplicate Search"
- - Added VBR/CBR
- - Redesigned the Form
- Updated "Copy/Paste Metadata"
- - Redesigned the Form
+ many more smaller fixes and tweaks

If you use MM 3.1 you need build 1221 or better. The update works with MM 3.0 but with less features.
VBR/CBR is only applicable for MP3 files. (ABR is displayed as VBR.). This is how MM currently works and not a limitation of the script.

Special thanks to Tekno, Nyn, Mizery_Made and Owyn for their help with testing during the development of the script!

Leave a comment and let me know what you think of the update!

Download here or from the first post:
AdvancedDuplicateFindFix 3.3.1
If you're a new user, please read the first post, including the installation instructions.

Enjoy!
/Bex

All My Scripts

Vamp

Re: Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.3.1 (2009-02-04)

Post by Vamp » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:07 pm

I have a bit of a dilemma i have embedded album art in the songs. Is there a way to add album art as a node to the create/keep delete criteria? By the way I'm a new user of this script and wanted to say thanks for all your hard work. If scripting was easy then everyone would do it.
Last edited by Vamp on Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.