Batch Art Finder 4.2 - Updated 03/07/2012

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

blinkingline

Post by blinkingline »

Here's the error that i'm getting:
Error #429- Microsoft VBScript runtime error
ActiveX component can't create object: 'Scripting.Dictionary'
File: "C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\BatchArtFinder.vbs", Line :178, Column: 13
pressing OK gets the next error:
Error happened during script execution:
ActiveX component can't create object: 'Scripting.Dictionary'
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Well if you can't create "Scripting.Dictionary" then that's a bit worrying. I presume you don't have the Windows Script components so you should try downloading and installing from Microsoft.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
MeMeMe

Post by MeMeMe »

This is a fantastic script.

I get an error if I click Remove.
One feature I'd like: Refresh.
What I often do is click on Try Again to find other selections, but then can't get back to the first image if I don't find anything I like better.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

The error with the Remove link is a security issue which I have now found a workaround for (so you won't get this in the next version). Clicking on the "Remove" link resets the counter so then if you hit "Try Again" you'll get the first image again. This allows you to find previous images.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
MeMeMe

Post by MeMeMe »

That's good to hear - so is the next version out yet? ;)
One other thing I've found: sometimes the script adds a picture to the song which isn't actually a picture. MM reports a picture is there, but no image shows up in the art window.

This might be linked:
sometimes the art finder returns a placeholder for an image (the red X). If you're careless, this (I think) gets added to the son'gs tag, and shows up as no image. Is there a way to avoid this?

I know that some of the examples of no-art I describe in the first paragraph above were due to my sloppiness in the 2nd paragraph - but I also know it happened a few times when images definitely did show up in the finder window. Any idea what's going on here?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Well there's no way around the red cross, but what I should do is check the filesize of the downloaded image and if it's zero then don't tag the track. This will be in the next version (which I haven't even started work on yet because of other scripts and limited time to spend scripting at the moment) and should fix these problems.
MeMeMe

Post by MeMeMe »

I'm looking forward to the next version. And thanks for the good work so far.
urlwolf

Post by urlwolf »

trix,

Any idea why I don't get the buttons :D?
I know, I know, I'm weird...
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I have absolutely no clue why you don't get the buttons! I've had people report this once or twice in other scripts but they never seem to want to help me find out why. Could you email me a screenshot of the window so I can see what's missing?
urlwolf

Post by urlwolf »

I did send you an screenshot, and you responded.
Do you want me to send it again?
Thanks a lot
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Oh, sorry. I will try to get it fixed but I have no idea what the problem is. The position is all relative to the size of the form so I don't see how they can have wandered off it. :-?
urlwolf

Post by urlwolf »

Just in case it helps, I have a 1440 x 800 (?) screen (14 in lappy) and I'm using windows large fonts. Some programs are not prepared for these fonts and the buttons etc are misplaced.

cheers
jcee

Post by jcee »

I've read through these pages, but did not get it:

I get all the red crosses. It queries google and it finds a picture, but it does only display a red cross.

I copy+pasted the link into firefox and there is displays the picture, so the link is actually ok.
I get only these red crosses, no covers.. So what can I do?
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

Sounds like you got some type of firewall, or proxy, or filter blocking the images in IE.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

There are some security issues with this script that I am hoping to fix in the next version. Maybe then you'll have more luck. It does sound like something's blocking the script though.