Solved - Sample for creating a simple undocked panel?

This forum is for questions / discussions regarding development of addons / tweaks for MediaMonkey for Windows 4.

Moderators: Gurus, Addon Administrators

pokeefe0001

Solved - Sample for creating a simple undocked panel?

Post by pokeefe0001 »

Note: If I've managed to change the subject, it not says "undocked"; if not it says "dockable". I really want a panel that is not connected to the main MM panel. I can't find anything about creating undocked panels, but I figure anything that is dockable must have become undocked so is undockable

I inherited an old MM 2.5 application with a script for displaying a dockable panel. The script works fine on MMW 2.5 on Windows 7 but will not work on Windows 10. (ActiveX errors.) I need to upgrade (i.e., totally rewrite) the script so that it will work in MMW 4 on Windows 10. The purpose is trivially simple: put "Now Playing" and the current title in a display that can be moved to a 2nd monitor.

I 'm basically illiterate in VBS so I'm looking for a simple script for displaying a dockable panel that I can cannibalize - both to get this function working and to help me learn VBS. I tried LyricsViewer.vbs but it is vastly more complicated than I'm comfortable with, and I can't figure out how to move it's display. Even though the script claims that the display is dockable I can't undock it and move it outside the MM window.

Could someone suggest a simple script that displays panel or frame that can be moved outside the MM window?
Last edited by pokeefe0001 on Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MMV4 (1919) Portable
MMW5 (2606) Portable
Multiple Win11 x64 21H2
Multiple Win7 x32, unknown builds
pokeefe0001

Re: Sample for creating a simple undocked panel?

Post by pokeefe0001 »

Never mind. I managed on my own.
MMV4 (1919) Portable
MMW5 (2606) Portable
Multiple Win11 x64 21H2
Multiple Win7 x32, unknown builds