Tracks fail to sync on new Samsung Phone

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

RickMM

Tracks fail to sync on new Samsung Phone

Post by RickMM »

I finally got around to transferring my music over to the new phone but no playlists were copied across to the new phone and not all the mp3 files showed up on the new phone.

I am getting the following error messages (for multiple files x 1000s):-
"Problem while copying file c:\users\name\AppData\local\temp\MM_AutoconvertedTracks\6522_trackname.flacD69B to \music\Artist\Album\trackname.mp3
Workflow - The steps I took were:
a) When I initially connected to the new phone I forgot to click/tick the Auto Conversion/Any audio >192 kbps option, so it started to copy the files across to the new phone as flac and not converting them to mp3. I panicked.

b) So about half way through the initial sych I disconnected the USB cable from the new phone and then manually deleted all the flac file on the new phone, that were copied to the internal storage, using File Manager.

c) I then ticked the Auto Conversion option in MMW and re run the Sync process hoping it would copy the file across as mp3.

d) I then rescanned (phone MMA\Check new/changed media) but only a some mp3 files were indentified and no playlists were copied/found on the phone's in internal storage.

e) I tried to ReSync again but not all mp3 files come across to the new phone and no playlists.

Basically the only mp3 files that are on the phone are the ones that were there just before I unplugged the USB cable.

So I stuff up big time and I need help to fix this.
RickMM

Re: How to Migrate MMA Pro to a New Samsung Phone

Post by RickMM »

I updated MMW to the latest version 4.1.31.1919 but still getting same issue.
RickMM

Post by RickMM »

Any suggestions on what I should do? I would appreciate it.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I hav etried to replicate issue with both MM4 and MM5 without success.

Please make sure you are using latest debug version of MM5 from viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86639&sd=d for testing.

FYI I'll split Topic as your last question are not related to MMA PRO.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
RickMM

Re: Tracks fail to sync on new Samsung Phone

Post by RickMM »

Hi Peke,

I'm currently using MM4 and wasn't planning on migrating to MM5, why do I need to install the debug version of MM5? Is there a MM4 debug version I can use instead? Will MM5 and MM4 co exist on the same PC? I'm not familiar with the debug process in general.

BTW - I did a clean install of MMA https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kn ... c-profile/ but that didn't fix the issue.
RickMM

Post by RickMM »

BTW - WiFi Sync works just fine. It sync the entire selected playlists with no issues. But I still want to fix the cable sync method.
IanRTaylorUK

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

I believe these are the latest versions of MMW4:

https://www.mediamonkey.com/sw/MediaMon ... 1.1919.exe

https://www.mediamonkey.com/sw/MediaMon ... _Debug.exe

My experience is that MMW4 and MMW5 co-exist well but I would not run both at the same time!!! Also, make sure one has closed down completely before starting the other. On my rather old and slow PC this is typically done within 30 seconds.

Finally, as a precaution I would recommend having separate copies of the MP3 files, folder.jpg's etc. So for my setup D:\..\Music\... for MMW4 and E:\..\Music\... for MMW5 with same structure for ease of comparison.

I have had problems with USB synching with Samsung and Sony Android devices. Sometimes I have it better to start afresh and uninstall MMA / format the SD cards. Had a particularly bad spell when I used some "cheap" higher capacity micro SC cards with sync failing.
Ian Taylor
RickMM

Post by RickMM »

Thanks Ian. I have uninstalled MMA and did do a clean reinstall of MMA but the issue persisted. However WiFi Sync worked fine and sync as expected, so I suspect the issue is with MMW4.

I have never used the debug version and I'm not familiar with how the debug process works. Can you shed some light on it? If I install MMW4 debug will that replace my existing cover of MMW4 or coexist with it? How does the MMW4 debug access the DB? (Do I need to copy the DB elsewhere?). Can you point me to some user documentation?

BTW - Can you point me to the address for "Add-Ons:Export / Import Playlists for Child Nodes"
IanRTaylorUK

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

Hi Rick,

Please follow the links below for the Add-Ons you requested.

http://solair.eunet.rs/~zvezdand/MediaMonkeyAddons.htm

http://solair.eunet.rs/~zvezdand/Export ... bNodes.htm

From my experience, the author (Zvezdan) provides a trial version plus a more comprehensive version for those who support his work. He probably has the most comprehensive Add-Ons for MMW4!

You will probably find that MOST add-ons are for MMW4 at the moment BUT you can work on your files using MMW4 and the add-ons to the benefit of using MMW5 is you so desire. I personally recommend keeping a separate library of your MP3s and JPGs and M3Us for MMW4 and a "clone" copy for MMW5. Just a precaution as MMW5 still effectively in development.

Hope this - and the add-ons - help you get the most from both MMW4 and indirectly MMW5.
Ian Taylor
IanRTaylorUK

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

RickMM wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:48 pm I have never used the debug version and I'm not familiar with how the debug process works. Can you shed some light on it? If I install MMW4 debug will that replace my existing cover of MMW4 or coexist with it? How does the MMW4 debug access the DB? (Do I need to copy the DB elsewhere?). Can you point me to some user documentation?
Each major current version of Media Monkey comes in two flavours (Standard and Debug) and has two modes of installation (Normal and Portable). I have myself - on occasions - installed MMW4 Debug, MMW4 Standard in both "Normal" and "Portable" installs alongside MMW5 Debug, MMW5 Standard also in both "Normal" and "Portable". I am not recommending you try to run different versions / flavours / modes at the same time BUT you can install this way.

The debug versions offer additional reporting / logging. To view the additional reporting / Logging you run DebugView v 4.90 alongside (for example) MMW4 Debug Normal. MMW4 sends "lines" of log information to the debug view. This can be saved, searched, send to the developers. If something appears not to be happening, fire up DebugView and you may - for example - see that MMW4 is busy going through hundreds / thousands of steps. This can be quite reassuring. It may also give some feedback on "errors", "failures", file problems, network issues.

Hope this is both helpful and tempt you to give DebugView a go.
Ian Taylor
RickMM

Post by RickMM »

From my experience, the author (Zvezdan) provides a trial version plus a more comprehensive version for those who support his work. He probably has the most comprehensive Add-Ons for MMW4!
Thanks Ian re Add-Ons, I will investigate further.
Each major current version of Media Monkey comes in two flavours (Standard and Debug) and has two modes of installation (Normal and Portable). I have myself - on occasions - installed MMW4 Debug, MMW4 Standard in both "Normal" and "Portable" installs alongside MMW5 Debug, MMW5 Standard also in both "Normal" and "Portable". I am not recommending you try to run different versions / flavours / modes at the same time BUT you can install this way.
Could you please clarify this point further, does MMW4 Debug sits along side MMW4 Standard and doesn't replace it? i.e. they co-exist.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Generally you install the debug version on top of your existing install, so you use either, but not both. You can install the regular version on top of the debug version if you wish after capturing the log you needed.
RickMM

Post by RickMM »

Thanks Lowlander. I'll give it a spin.

Sorry Ian, I missed this the first time. I picked it up after I re-read your above posts.
My experience is that MMW4 and MMW5 co-exist well but I would not run both at the same time!!!
RickMM

Post by RickMM »

This morning I sat down to do the debugging and log capturing exercise. Just before I started that process I tried to reproduce the error I was previously getting with Auto-Sync->Device but I was unable to reproduce it, the Auto-Sync->Device worked as expected. I first tried with a small subset of existing playlists (worked fine) then the entire playlist selection (all good again) then I added a new playlist with a track not previously on any Sync list (fine again) then I selected a few Albums that previously had issues (all fine again). Not sure why its all working properly now. The only thing I can think of is that I suspect the WiFi Sync I previously successfully ran a few days ago must have flushed out the issue with Auto Sync. Anyway, its all working fine now. Thanks to all who assisted me.