iPhone 12 music shows up as Other (not Audio) in MM

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

kishca

iPhone 12 music shows up as Other (not Audio) in MM

Post by kishca »

HELP PLEEEASE: I upgraded to the iPhone 12 using the quick start method (place the old iPhone next to the new one and allow the data to be transferred via wifi). Everything got transferred successfully. However, in MM the audio is classified as 'other' and not audio. So, now I cannot see the contents of the iphone in MM and cannot listen/add/delete etc. According to MM, there is no audio at all, while I can play them on the iphone. This wasn't a problem on the old phone. Software versions -

ios 14.3
MM 4.1.30.1914
iTunes 12.11.0.26

thanks,
Kishore
Ludek

Re: iPhone 12 music shows up as Other (not Audio) in MM

Post by Ludek »

Are you able to see the contents in iTunes after the transfer?
kishca

Post by kishca »

I can see the device in iTunes, but not the content. I talked to Apple and understand that iTunes will show tracks added from iTunes, but not pre-existing tracks. From MM, I added a track - according to MM it shows a track was added to the device. But it’s not in the Music library.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

As for the files not seen by iTunes and MediaMonkey, by evidence the files haven't been added to iTunesCDB, but only to the internal device database.
I guess workround for you would be to re-sync the tracks from MM to the device.

Are you sure that syncing from MM isn't working for you? Just tested iOS 14.3 sync and it is working fine for me (tested both MM4/MM5).
Maybe you just overlooked the track being added (with the amount of the tracks already presented on the device)?

Try to create a small playlist (consisting only from two tracks), right-click the playlist in MediaMonkey > Send to > iPhone
Then go to the device and tap Music > Playlists and locate the playlist synced by MM and its tracks.

If you are sure that the playlist and the tracks aren't there then generate debug log (item 4b here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=341 )