repeated syncing for files that haven't changed (afaik)?

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

LX M

repeated syncing for files that haven't changed (afaik)?

Post by LX M »

hey @ll;
I have a little nuisance that has me scratching my head:

Syncing to some USB sticks I use for bespoke applications, I noticed that AutoSyncing tends to re-sync unplausible quantities of files again even if nothing was done between syncs.

I tested this by having all sticks sync/ed, then closing MM immediately thereafter and opening it again; the connected sticks are all set to start scan+auto-sync as soon as detected. I have no script/s or addons going that alter files (auch as AutoRateAccurate would if set to run at start-up), but some sticks will resync literally hundreds of files, even tho' nothing was touched between syncs. Also, the number of files resyncing is not always the same, so that speaks against some oddness snaggin that always affects the same selection of files, I'd dare assume.

So; this behaviour throws me somewhat.
Any pointers?

I currently drive MM 4.1.27.1897 (Gold, in case that's of any relevance).

Thank you very much for whatever help you may be able to provide. Cheers - LX
Lowlander

Re: repeated syncing for files that haven't changed (afaik)?

Post by Lowlander »

Current version is 4.1.28. It's worth retesting with that.
LX M

Post by LX M »

ok, will do; thx.
LX M

Post by LX M »

Lowlander wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:40 am Current version is 4.1.28. It's worth retesting with that.
I have updated now + the problem persists. I had touched no files or database info that I knew of + MM is now resyncing implausible tons of files to my sticks.

I have no idea what might be causing this. :/

What indicator/s doe/s tell MM which files to sync? Changed timestamp in MM-DB vs timestamp of last successfull sync to device? Or does MM look to any other source to determine what it thinks it needs to update on the mobile device?

Thanks for any further pointers you may be able to provide. Best - LX
LX M

Post by LX M »

it would appear that a complete reboot after updating did the trick. For now, this seems to have abated.
ShadeD123

Post by ShadeD123 »

I'm having the same problem. In a possibly related issue I can't even manually delete the contents of my music folder on my Google Pixel 4xl