Selecting albums for sync

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

TheEmpathicEar

Selecting albums for sync

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

[I just starting using MMW 1 week ago.I am using the beta, but did not see a place in that forum to post this]
I made some changes to several albums across different artists. If I want to sync just this content with changes, can I select each album by single-click where you get the dark triangle at the top right corner of each album? And, then after selecting, right-click on any one of them and use "Send to" to my device? Windows Explorer works a bit like this, except you have to use ctrl and single-click.
EDIT: Ok, that did not work. The only album/artist that synced was the one I right-clicked on.
Lowlander

Re: Selecting albums for sync

Post by Lowlander »

Hold the Ctrl key down to select individual items not adjacent to each other.

Anyway, sync is meant to take care of this, where it will only sync the changes since last sync.
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

Lowlander wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 1:31 pm Hold the Ctrl key down to select individual items not adjacent to each other.

Anyway, sync is meant to take care of this, where it will only sync the changes since last sync.
If you are talking about "Sync All", I was trying to avoid that probably because I just had my first success with that option last night. So, in general, you are saying "Sync Now" will only process changes instead of going through the entire library? After that sync, I right-clicked on "Safely Remove Device", but I got a popup "The device can not be stopped now as it appears to be in use"? I waited for about 10 minutes and nothing seemed to be happen? Maybe this is an option for an iPod and not a phone?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, using Sync in the Device Profile should only sync changes.
TheEmpathicEar wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 1:49 pmAfter that sync, I right-clicked on "Safely Remove Device"
Where? In MediaMonkey or File Explorer? What type of device?
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

Lowlander wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 1:56 pm Yes, using Sync in the Device Profile should only sync changes.
TheEmpathicEar wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 1:49 pmAfter that sync, I right-clicked on "Safely Remove Device"
Where? In MediaMonkey or File Explorer? What type of device?
In MMW, right-click on Galaxy A51 - Card.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Interesting, don't have that available. Do you have the card in the phone connected or the card in a card reader?
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

Lowlander wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 2:04 pm Interesting, don't have that available. Do you have the card in the phone connected or the card in a card reader?
The MIcro SD Card is in the phone. The sync was done. That's why I thought I would try "Safely Remove Device"
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
As explained in https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 95#p468595 it is still needed and very useful. Try to unplug External HDD and in some cases your hdd heads do not part. Then you have case of data recovery. For cheap USB drives that I only use for either OS install or save music to be played in car I agree that no safe remove is needed as I do not care if they gets corrupted. Also not many devices I see that have USB hotplug certificate.

Both apps will show what app is locking the drive.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts