Synced but nothing actually on phone

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Springsteenfan

Synced but nothing actually on phone

Post by Springsteenfan »

I set my music to sync this morning, and it's just finished. However, it has not synced anything over. This is despite it was showing it was moving tracks over. Looking on my phone it seems to have copied over just 28 tracks. If I look in the folders section it has Library: SD Card/Music and 28 tracks
Files Internal storage, SD card (shows 2 empty folders in Media Monkey and 25 folders in Music which are all empty bar two. Where did I go wrong starting my sync off, please? I thought I'd got it right.
I have my tree on the left and it shows E: Where my music is, is that the correctplace to start the sync or am I missing a step out? Sorry guys. I bought the Wi-Fi for MMA but could see how to start that off.
Lowlander

Re: Synced but nothing actually on phone

Post by Lowlander »

See: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... oid_device wifi sync is started from MMA.

Did you set MediaMonkey to sync anything to the internal storage and then start a sync, if not then nothing would be there. This is not uncommon as you have external storage and many will only sync to that instead.

How many files did you select to be synced to the external storage? Which version of MMW and MMA?
aag

iPhone sync trouble

Post by aag »

So, after a few years of *almost* painless sync to Android phone's SD card, I'm back to iPhone. And that brings memories -- not good ones.

The first problem seems to be that it took awhile for the music to appear on the phone after the sync had concluded. Weird, but it's there now, so all is well that ends well.
But -- none of the artwork seems to have made it to the phone. Missing for everything.
EDIT: Despite the music showing up in both iTunes (when browsing the phone), and the phone itself, none of the tracks are playable: any attempt to play it on the phone results in "This song is not currently available in your country or region" error. The amount of free space confirms that the sync didn't actually put much on the phone.

As a separate question, if I want to let iTunes handle the sync, and just use MM to re-populate iTunes library (e.g.
- reset/delete iTunes library
- run sync MM sync to a local folder
- add that local folder to iTunes
- sync via iTunes), how do I accomplish "run sync MM sync to a local folder" part?
aag

Post by aag »

Same problem here. iPhone 7, iOS 13.4.1, 4.1.27.1897, iTunes 12.10.6.2. About 6000 tracks sync.

Music actually shows on the phone (e.g. the tracks are there, but aren't playable), but not according to the storage (too much free space). No artwork either.
aag

Post by aag »

So after 3-4 attempts the sync had been successful. Not sure what made the difference, but a reboot and not having iTunes open both may have had an effect.
Peke

Post by Peke »

aag wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 9:58 am .... not having iTunes open both may have had an effect.
iTunes must not be opened if you sync with MM as it will interfere with sync MM updating iPhone library. In many cases MM will not even detect iPhone as it was locked for use with iTunes.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
aag

Post by aag »

Maybe worth scanning active processes for iTunes, and failing sync explicitly, rather than implicitly when open? Not a requirement I was aware of, so took a bit of stumbling to get there.