MMW adds "_2" to track names when syncing playlists to Android phone

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Darryl_Gittins

MMW adds "_2" to track names when syncing playlists to Android phone

Post by Darryl_Gittins »

MMW adds "_2" to track name when syncing my playlists to Android phone. (I'm trying to transfer my playlists and the included MP3 files from MMW to my Android. When it works, MMW does a great job of adjusting the paths of the MP3 files in the playlists to point to the correct location on the android instead of just copying the path of the MP3 files when they were on the PC).

for example:
Before: file name on Windows computer: "Rising from the Red Sand - 15 - Smear Campaign.mp3"
After: file name on android cell phone after sync: "Rising from the Red Sand - 15 - Smear Campaign_2.mp3"

In some cases, both versions of the same track appeared on the device.

I thought maybe this was happening because MMW failed to delete old tracks and replace them with updated tracks and so I deleted all of the MP3 files on the Android and then restarted MMW. Then I reinitialized the sync and noticed that it is still occurring. MMW adds "_2" to track the name.

I have the check box selected to "delete other files and playlists from the device" and the "all other media files" option selected".

I've had so many problems with the sync feature in MMW. I sure with there was a better way to do this. Any suggestions? Is there another app that might work better for syncing my playlists
Lowlander

Re: MMW adds "_2" to track names when syncing playlists to Android phone

Post by Lowlander »

Are you using Send To to copy files to the device?
Darryl_Gittins

Post by Darryl_Gittins »

No. Should i try that?

What I'm doing:
1. Select the Android Device in the tree in MMW
2. Configure options on the 4 tabs in MMW
3. On the "Auto-Sync (-->Device)" tab, select the Playlists checkbox (and clear the others).
4. Click Auto sync.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No, you're doing it correctly.

So either you have duplicate files in your Library and syncing them to your device, or you already had files on the device that aren't matched to files in the MMW Library. In the former case, either live with the results or clean up duplicates in MMW: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/ind ... ate-tracks For the latter you can either start fresh (delete all files on the device and then sync) or make sure the delete option is set to All Media Files in the Device Profile (Tools > Options > Portable Device Sync).