Copy an MM playlist to an iPod - Not working

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

NWDreamer

Copy an MM playlist to an iPod - Not working

Post by NWDreamer »

Hi, I looked through a lot of search results and didn't see the behavior I'm currently seeing.

I have four iPod's (not sure what Gen, Classic somethings from 80 GB to 160 GB). I tend to use these with playlists I create in MM. It's been a while since I've added anything new to them but, tonight, I needed to get some tracks along with a few playlists copied from MM to an iPod. However, whenever I try to drag a playlist (a normal, non-auto playlist) onto the iPod all it does is copy the files. No playlist gets created and it copies the files EVERY time. Over and over and over...

The behavior I was used to was this: I drag a playlist and it only copies the files that are in the playlist but not already on the iPod PLUS it creates the playlist on the iPod. I've done this for years. Although it's been about a year since the last time I did this, I expected the operation to be the same. I also have over 340,000 songs so syncing is out of the question, but the songs got copied anyway. I really need the playlists to get copied too.

Has the process changed in the last year? If not, what should I try next?

Thanks,

Craig - a.k.a., NW Dreamer
MM Gold v4.1.21.1875
Craig B. (a.k.a., NW Dreamer - Gold MediaMonkey user.)
NWDreamer

Re: Copy an MM playlist to an iPod - Not working

Post by NWDreamer »

Ok, after posting I gave up to go to bed, ejected the iPod and found that it HAD created the two playlists I had tried to add (although I could see the new tracks in MM, I couldn't see the new playlists). So I reconnected the iPod to get the other five playlists I needed put on and now I could see the two other in MM. Weird. Also, even though it still recopies the files every time I drag a playlist to the iPod, now the new playlists are showing up right away inside of MM! Go figure. I'm too tired to care, at least I'll have everything eventually even though all the wasted file copies are taking a lot of time (42 tracks for each playlist...).

So, I guess we can just ignore this topic...

G'night!
Craig B. (a.k.a., NW Dreamer - Gold MediaMonkey user.)
schlumpf

Post by schlumpf »

Hello, I have the same problem and I want no double songs on my ipod, I can do better with the space to get more songs.

Can somebode help?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You need to sync to not duplicate existing files: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... zation/4.0