Very Slow Device Sync

Get answers about syncing the current release of MediaMonkey with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

TonyJH

Very Slow Device Sync

Post by TonyJH »

Just upgraded to MM Gold latest release and the sync is now incredibly slow. 5 - 10 minutes per song on USB. It also seems to be autoconverting the files even though I have deselected the options for autoconverting. I do not want any conversion of the files as I have plenty of room on my device.

Device is a Nexus 5.
Lowlander
Posts: 50179
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2003 5:53 pm
Location: MediaMonkey 5

Re: Very Slow Device Sync

Post by Lowlander »

Auto-Conversion would slow things down. Make sure your settings are correct in the Device Profile (make sure you're looking at the correct one).
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
TonyjH

Re: Very Slow Device Sync

Post by TonyjH »

Checked the auto-conversion in the options for the device. What I really want is to just stop it from converting any of the MP3 files. Is there any way to just completely turn off any kind of conversion
rovingcowboy
Posts: 14163
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2003 7:57 am
Location: (Texas)
Contact:

Re: Very Slow Device Sync

Post by rovingcowboy »

you got multiple cpu's?
if so get a program manager that allows you to change prioritys and the processors used on a per process setting,
set the priority of the mm decoder to realtime it is in mm's program file folder you will have to use the rule setting tool of the program to make that rule, and then also make mm's exe run in realtime make it only run on half your cpu's and make the decoder work on the same half so that you can still use the other cpu's for your other stuff.
that is the only way I have found to really speed up the rip's and converts so if it is doing converting to mp3 or other format on the device while sync'ing it should be faster, unless? the device is using it's own compression code and calling it an mp3 when it is not an mp3, some did that I've noticed a few years ago they might still be doing it. if so then the device is the slow item. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Lowlander
Posts: 50179
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2003 5:53 pm
Location: MediaMonkey 5

Re: Very Slow Device Sync

Post by Lowlander »

Disable/remove any Conversion Rules and make sure the appropriate file types are enabled under Supported Formats.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
TonyJH

Re: Very Slow Device Sync

Post by TonyJH »

Managed to get it going again by resetting all the auto conversion options to default. It still seems to lock up periodically on transferring files after three or 4 syncs but a phone reboot gets it going again.
Post Reply