ios 8 sync

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

ios 8 sync

Post by Guest »

Hey everyone!

Has anyone tried to sync with iOS 8? I am on iOS 8 beta5 and the synchronisation starts to run, asks if I want to delete old content, deletes the content and then fails to copy the songs. For me it directly said: (Copying song 208 /213 [converting to mp3] ....)

It seems it does work well except for the actual copying part.I hope this helps you

cheers
Lowlander

Re: ios 8 sync

Post by Lowlander »

I don't think the developers will start iOS8 support till the final release is out as Apple will often add changes to block third party access (thus lots of wasted development time). However you're always welcome to send a debug log (step 4b) capturing the connecting of the device and the subsequent sync to support: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=12&t=69
outlandis

Post by outlandis »

I installed the ios8 GM on a test phone I have. It gives me a warning that the firmware is not compatible and I cannot wirte to it. Any way to disable that warning so I can attempt to put music on the phone.. would love to give the devs a head start on cracking ios 8 if I can.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No, a new release of MediaMonkey will be required. Is iOS 8 a final release yet?
Josh7047

Update Mediamonkey for iOS 8!

Post by Josh7047 »

I dont know when this will happen but im starting this because I just updated and now i cannot sync my music :(
Last edited by Lowlander on Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing topic
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It seems iOS8 is slated for September 17 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOS_8) and MediaMonkey normally starts testing with the final release as Apple may still make changes breaking any effort that has been made. Note that the MediaMonkey team has no documentation or support from Apple to work with when dealing with Apple product sync functionality.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

An iOS8 unblocked version is available: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 36#p395436

Do note that it is untested with iOS8 and that it would help development if you capture any issues with iOS8 sync in a debug log (step 4b) and send the debug log to support: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=341
Outlandis

Post by Outlandis »

Initial testing with an iphone running IOS 8 Gold Master shows a flawless transfer of 648 songs and their associated playlists.
This seems very promising...
outlandis

Post by outlandis »

After the promising results of the test with an iPhone 5 running ios8, I updated my ipod touch 5th gen to ios 8.

Not so good results.

Attempting to sync about 6000 songs fails sometime after 150 or so songs and crashes Media Monkey.
after the crash the songs are not viewable if I attempt to browse them with MM on the ipod, but they show up on the ipod itself.

gonna try and do a debug log for the devs.
outlandis

Post by outlandis »

Ok. ran it again and I get an odd error message

first pop up box says "Error: Canvas does not allow drawing"

when I click OK on that I get "Thread creation error. there is not enough memory to perform this operation"
then MM shuts down.

any thoughts?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

When?
outlandis

Post by outlandis »

I get those errors somewhere into about 150 or so songs into the sync process
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Then send a debug log capturing the sync to support.
outlandis

Post by outlandis »

installed the debug version over the standard version and now I get no error window and MM simply crashes and leaves no debug report in either location the instructions tell me to look for them.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Debug log is in the DBGView program which you need to start prior to MediaMonkey.