Getting started with Sync

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Banjovi

Getting started with Sync

Post by Banjovi »

I'm fumbling around with MM trying to figure out how to get started with the sync feature. I'm using MM 4.07.1511 gold. My player is a Archos Jukebox 20 which appears as a USB hard drive when I connect it to the computer.

When I look under the Sync Device menu, it says no device is detected. How do I make it detect?
Lowlander

Re: Getting started with Sync

Post by Lowlander »

Does Windows recognize the device? Is it recognized as MTP (generally without drive letter) device or a USB Mass (generally with drive letter) device?
Banjovi

Post by Banjovi »

The device is recognized as a USB Mass with a drive letter
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

In that case you should be able to configure d_USBMass1.dll to sync to the device under Tools > Options > Portable/Audio Devices.
Banjovi

Post by Banjovi »

I agree. I should be able to configure it. When I go to portable/audio devices, the Generic (d_USBMASS1.dll) is listed. I click 'Configure'. It shows device not connected.

Maybe I found the problem. Even tho I had the jukebox connected to drive I, the drive label was incorrect in MediaMonkey. Once I corrected it, it started scanning.
travelgirl

Post by travelgirl »

for what it's worth, i'm having the same problem with another USB drive, a new 64-gig Sandisk Cruzer. in my case, though, MM sees the drive letter correctly, but says (in tools/options/ portable audio devices / h:\ (location of device) / configure) "this device is not connected".

explorer sees it, and i've copied files to and from. still, no sync. the plugin file for the location is listed as d_WMDM.dll, not d_USBMass1.dll. how do i tell MM to see H: as the USBMass1 device it is?

version is 4.0.7.1511
ideas? thanks :)
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

travelgirl wrote:for what it's worth, i'm having the same problem with another USB drive, a new 64-gig Sandisk Cruzer. in my case, though, MM sees the drive letter correctly, but says (in tools/options/ portable audio devices / h:\ (location of device) / configure) "this device is not connected".

explorer sees it, and i've copied files to and from. still, no sync. the plugin file for the location is listed as d_WMDM.dll, not d_USBMass1.dll. how do i tell MM to see H: as the USBMass1 device it is?

version is 4.0.7.1511
ideas? thanks :)
http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... rticleid=2
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
travelgirl

Post by travelgirl »

fascinating. did that yesterday, to no avail.

in the meantime, though, i was required to do a complete reboot of the hardware. upon returning a few minutes ago, MM started to sync...

now, the problem is that there are two of everything ('cuz i copied all files over last night) :)

thanks!
00 caren