Apple logo appears when playing MM synced iPod

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

muttley64

Apple logo appears when playing MM synced iPod

Post by muttley64 »

Until last year I had been using Media Monkey for 3 years with my iPod Classic 120GB without problem, but since some time in 2012 I keep getting the dreaded Apple logo on the iPod more often than not when I try and play a track. First when that happened the iPod was unusable until I put it into disk mode, and sometimes an MM sync would return it to normal or I would have to do a factory reset via itunes. However, as of today when the Apple logo appears if I leave it until the display goes dark then it functions normally until I try to play another track and the Apple logo reappears, ad infinitum.

I am running version 4.0.7.1511 of MM on a WIndows 7 64 bit computer. Oddly I have the same version of Windows and MM on my work PC and this problem does not happen when I restore the iPod and sync from it. I can play the ipod for days on end, then as soon as I restore it and sync it from my home PC the apple logo appears. I have also tried restoring the ipod and using itunes (which I detest) instead, and that works fine too. If itunes was up to the task of managing my music library I would gladly switch to using it and not suffer these annoying problems again, but it's not which is why I have invested a lot of time and effort, plus some money in buying a Gold license and am using MediaMonkey instead.

Does it matter which version of itunes I use with MM 4.0.7.1511? I only use it when I need to restore my ipod to factory defaults. I was on the latest version but downgraded to 10.6.3.25, in the hope of solving the Apple logo problem, but that hasn't helped.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling MM 4.0.7.1511 on my troublesome home computer to no avail. Can anyone give me any advice on how to solve this annoying problem? Would rolling back to an old version of MM help?
Lowlander

Re: Apple logo appears when playing MM synced iPod

Post by Lowlander »

I'd suggest looking into settings differences in the Device Profile for the iPod in MediaMonkey between the 2 PC's. I'd especially look at Auto-Conversion settings.