storageinfo.xml.mmw? [#10468]

Get answers about syncing the current release of MediaMonkey with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

res1999

Re: storageinfo.xml.mmw? [#10468]

Post by res1999 »

I'll add to this thread as well, since this problem occurs here, too. And yes, also with USB-Sticks or external drives without any Android-folders on it. I think this only started a few weeks ago with one of the latest updates, never had any problems before. It's very annoying!

I'm running 4.1.7.1741, btw.

and maybe one of the admins should merge the threads for this problem. Here's the other one I found: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =6&t=70087
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Hi, it is no longer related only to Android devices, the explanation is here:
http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view. ... 205#c41042

If you don't want MediaMonkey to create this file then go to Options -> Portable Device Sync and there is 'Show' column including checkboxes, disabling the checkbox for the corresponding profile should do the trick.
terrypin

Post by terrypin »

Ludek wrote:Hi, it is no longer related only to Android devices, the explanation is here:

If you don't want MediaMonkey to create this file then go to Options -> Portable Device Sync and there is 'Show' column including checkboxes, disabling the checkbox for the corresponding profile should do the trick.
Maybe I've misunderstood? How can you sync to a device if you don't have its Show box enabled?
Terry, East Grinstead, UK
MM 4.1.29.1910 Gold, about 8000 tracks, i7 4.0 GHz running Win 10 Pro
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

terrypin wrote:
Ludek wrote:Hi, it is no longer related only to Android devices, the explanation is here:

Maybe I've misunderstood? How can you sync to a device if you don't have its Show box enabled?
You can't. Those instructions are to prevent MM from creating this file "storageinfo.xml.mmw" on any device you plug in to the computer. You can only prevent the file for devices that you will not sync.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
terrypin

Post by terrypin »

Thanks nohitter, understood, I think. So this would be something you would do (to avoid that alien folder cluttering your device) if a memory stick (that you intended to use in your car) was being sent playlists (and their tracks), instead of syncing them? An attractive approach IMO, given the simplicity of the former versus the complexity/unpredictability of the latter.
Terry, East Grinstead, UK
MM 4.1.29.1910 Gold, about 8000 tracks, i7 4.0 GHz running Win 10 Pro
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

terrypin wrote:Thanks nohitter, understood, I think. So this would be something you would do (to avoid that alien folder cluttering your device) if a memory stick (that you intended to use in your car) was being sent playlists (and their tracks), instead of syncing them? An attractive approach IMO, given the simplicity of the former versus the complexity/unpredictability of the latter.
Yes, it could be used for that situation
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.