IOS 5 and MM sync

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

wcoppola

IOS 5 and MM sync

Post by wcoppola »

There seems to have been no update on the IOS5 syncing issue for over a month.

Please could we have an MM update that allows syncing with IOS5 devices. I have been very happy with MM for years, particularly being able to avoid using Itunes as much as possible, but I am beginning to despair.
Lowlander

Re: IOS 5 and MM sync

Post by Lowlander »

It is still being worked on.
MyCsPiTTa

Post by MyCsPiTTa »

I second that question. All the status thread tells us is what does and what doesn't work - how about at least an update on what is actually being worked on, what progress and when top expect further news? There doesn't seem to be much reason to upgrade to MM4 as it's no better off than MM3. And I got no answer to an earlier post as to whether MM3 is going to be made compatible also (I don't want MM4 yet until my add-ons are compatible).

A month is a long time without any news. Kinda feels like MM is on its last legs.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

MM3 will get no further updates.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey is not about iOS support, it is about a lot more than that and MediaMonkey 4 has a lot of major changes so it's a flawed conclusion that MediaMonkey is on its last legs.
As for iOS5 support it is just impossible to tell how far along progress is. The developers have no documentation to go on and don't know what obfuscation methods Apple used in iOS5 to make third party access as difficult as possible. It might seem that progress is 95%, but the last connection to iOS5 could end up taking 50% of the development time. There is just no telling when it's done. It's a sad reality that Apple doesn't want you to stray of their territory and it takes hard work from dedicated developers to make that possible for you.
dnlusa

Post by dnlusa »

Your software is great and I still admire you for the effort you do to cope with Apple!.

I have a couple of iOS5 devices and I am not syncing them anymore. I am using again my old iPod (that works very well). I'll wait until you are ready.

thanks for this great piece of software!

dnl
lrankine

Post by lrankine »

dnlusa wrote:Your software is great and I still admire you for the effort you do to cope with Apple!.

I have a couple of iOS5 devices and I am not syncing them anymore. I am using again my old iPod (that works very well). I'll wait until you are ready.

thanks for this great piece of software!

dnl
I'll second that sentiment! I've actually started looking for something else to put my music on so I can sync natively with MM4..........Apple can be such.....such.....Ahhhh forget it.
Kos

Post by Kos »

Lowlander wrote:MediaMonkey is not about iOS support, it is about a lot more than that and MediaMonkey 4 has a lot of major changes so it's a flawed conclusion that MediaMonkey is on its last legs.
As for iOS5 support it is just impossible to tell how far along progress is. The developers have no documentation to go on and don't know what obfuscation methods Apple used in iOS5 to make third party access as difficult as possible. It might seem that progress is 95%, but the last connection to iOS5 could end up taking 50% of the development time. There is just no telling when it's done. It's a sad reality that Apple doesn't want you to stray of their territory and it takes hard work from dedicated developers to make that possible for you.
Well I think it's a VERY big problem that every relatively new iDevice is not working with MM anymore. It's time for an official announcement from MM.

/kos
Setup: Sonos, Twonky, Qnap, MediaMonkey Lifetime
rycher

Post by rycher »

Kos wrote: Well I think it's a VERY big problem that every relatively new iDevice is not working with MM anymore. It's time for an official announcement from MM.
What part of "It's Apple's fault" don't you people understand??? As much as I love my iPhone, I hate how Apple does thing, doing all they can to prevent people from using their products any other way than how they want you to use them. If you want immediate compatibility after every iTunes or iOS upgrade, then use iTunes! But if you want to use a good product like MM, then give them the time to figure out how to make it work! Apple does not provide instructions for that...

I can't wait to be able to use MM with my iPhone 4S, but I'm getting really annoyed at all the people complaining at the wrong place. If you have a complaint to make, it's to Apple, not MM!
Kos

Post by Kos »

rycher wrote:
Kos wrote: Well I think it's a VERY big problem that every relatively new iDevice is not working with MM anymore. It's time for an official announcement from MM.
What part of "It's Apple's fault" don't you people understand??? As much as I love my iPhone, I hate how Apple does thing, doing all they can to prevent people from using their products any other way than how they want you to use them. If you want immediate compatibility after every iTunes or iOS upgrade, then use iTunes! But if you want to use a good product like MM, then give them the time to figure out how to make it work! Apple does not provide instructions for that...

I can't wait to be able to use MM with my iPhone 4S, but I'm getting really annoyed at all the people complaining at the wrong place. If you have a complaint to make, it's to Apple, not MM!
Of course it's Apple's 'fault' - but knowing that (or complaining to Apple) will not solve the issue. Apple couldn't care less. If MM want to stay ahead with their excellent media manager they have to allign with Apple's standard. Of course they are working on it. But a few official words from the developers would be nice. Even if the words are 'sorry, we have absolutely no clue when we are iOS5 ready'.
lrankine

Post by lrankine »

Don't mean to butt in but........I think they've already indicated elsewhere on these boards that the issue is being worked on and they will let us know as soon as they've come up with a fix.
Kos

Post by Kos »

lrankine wrote:Don't mean to butt in but........I think they've already indicated elsewhere on these boards that the issue is being worked on and they will let us know as soon as they've come up with a fix.
You are absolutely right. I am just impatient. Last post on the subject was in late October... I am just begging for news! :(

/kos
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It has already been said by the developers that it will be ready when it's ready and they won't know when it's ready until it's ready. Also it has been said that once more is know it will be posted here: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 12&t=61107

So as long as there is no posting they're still trying to figure out how to make it work.
jiri

Post by jiri »

But a few official words from the developers would be nice. Even if the words are 'sorry, we have absolutely no clue when we are iOS5 ready'.
You got it right - unfortunately, that's right, we have no idea when we'll solve all the riddles so graciously provided by Apple... :cry:

Jiri
Kos

Post by Kos »

Thanks Jiri! :D And Lowlander - I get your logic but radio silence is seldom a wise strategy. It's ok to remind the customers, the fans, there is no good news.

/kos