IOS 5 and MM sync

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Music Diva

Re: IOS 5 and MM sync

Post by Music Diva »

It's already been half a year of waiting!!! :x
And barely any updates. Please stop stringing us along, are you going to support iOS or not? If not, just say so!! :evil:
tzrider

Post by tzrider »

dkstott wrote:the plug-in is nice, but I have 40 gig of music and do not have spare hard drive space to utilize it...
I can't even get the plug-in to work with a large library. It just gets to a certain point and accumulates temp files while timing out on all of them. The major reason I have MM has gone out the window.
theta_wave

Post by theta_wave »

tzrider wrote:
dkstott wrote:the plug-in is nice, but I have 40 gig of music and do not have spare hard drive space to utilize it...
I can't even get the plug-in to work with a large library. It just gets to a certain point and accumulates temp files while timing out on all of them. The major reason I have MM has gone out the window.
Thanks for this piece of news, as my 60gig ipod touch is almost full. I wondered how the plugin scaled to Apple equipment having larger capacities considering the number of FLACs I have to transcode on the fly to my ipod.
MM Gold Lifetime since 2.5.5.998
Computer: Lenovo Y580 System: Win7 Ultimate x64 SP1 / Arch Linux Mediamonkey 4: w/ Monkeyrok 5.6, Minilyrics 1.4b, iMonkey Skin
trelain

Post by trelain »

Music Diva wrote:It's already been half a year of waiting!!! :x
And barely any updates. Please stop stringing us along, are you going to support iOS or not? If not, just say so!! :evil:
Agreed!! What's the latest status and/or technical roadblock?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Hi guys,

I've gotten in contact with Ludek, one of the MM devs working on iOS5 compatibility. Here's the latest update he gave me:
Ludek wrote:I am intensivelly working on iOS5 last week (based on Jiri's and Isram's work) and basically it works. We can sync the tracks, playlists and metadata to the device, the tracks play, but currently I solve serious problems with artwork syncing. I am disassembling iTunes and I don't know if I will be able to figure it out. If all goes wrong then I am waiting until Jiri is back from vacation to help me (he is in contact with another guy that helped us a lot with iOS5).

Hard to say, but if all goes well then it could be in 4.0.5, but so far there are still some unresolved problems.

Ludek.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Hi, we are still intensivelly working on iOS5 support, basically it works, but there are still some unresolved problems (with artwork syncing). If all goes well then we will support iOS5 very soon.
icepik43

Post by icepik43 »

I would like to be able to do something with MM (don't really care about artwork part). I prefer MM over iTunes to make playlists and manage my MP3. How about a beta or something with the partial working IOS5 build? That would help out the frustrated users somewhat. :wink:
trelain

Post by trelain »

nohitter151 wrote:Hi guys,

I've gotten in contact with Ludek, one of the MM devs working on iOS5 compatibility. Here's the latest update he gave me:
Ludek wrote:I am intensivelly working on iOS5 last week (based on Jiri's and Isram's work) and basically it works. We can sync the tracks, playlists and metadata to the device, the tracks play, but currently I solve serious problems with artwork syncing. I am disassembling iTunes and I don't know if I will be able to figure it out. If all goes wrong then I am waiting until Jiri is back from vacation to help me (he is in contact with another guy that helped us a lot with iOS5).

Hard to say, but if all goes well then it could be in 4.0.5, but so far there are still some unresolved problems.

Ludek.
Ludek, I have made my living as an Assembler programmer for 14 years now, but I work on IBM zOS mainframe assembler. This could be over my head, but if you have some disassembled code that is causing confusion I could give it a shot to try to interpret parts of it if that could help...
dnlusa

Post by dnlusa »

Ludek wrote:Hi, we are still intensivelly working on iOS5 support, basically it works, but there are still some unresolved problems (with artwork syncing). If all goes well then we will support iOS5 very soon.
That is soo good news!. I am ready for a beta even with no artwork syncing!

dnl
Music Diva

Post by Music Diva »

I don't care as much about artwork either, I need music and playlist organization more!! Half the time, I'm not even looking at my phone! Artwork sync is a nice touch, but right now, due to the long wait, it's the meat and potatoes that count.
bremble

Post by bremble »

I agree with the above - syncing artwork is nice/secondary. I would be happy to do beta testing knowing that the artwork may be a problem (I would note my experience) as well as make sure the other parts of the sync are working as designed.
Jeffreybouva

Post by Jeffreybouva »

Great guys, that you are working on this !!
dkstott

Post by dkstott »

They have been working on it for 6 months now. Don't get your hopes up. V
huge

Post by huge »

I second (or 3rd or 4th) the idea that a beta with working sync would be great, even if artwork chokes.
Jonny2012

Post by Jonny2012 »

Another vote for an artless beta!