Is there some way to replace multiple strings in a Sync Path

Get answers about syncing the current release of MediaMonkey with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

ojk12
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:58 am

Is there some way to replace multiple strings in a Sync Path

Post by ojk12 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:55 pm

I use a USB Flash for Sync the music, so I got these path

$Assign(®,$Left($Lower($Replace($Replace($Replace($Replace($Replace($Replace($Replace($Replace($Replace($Replace($Replace($Replace($Replace($Replace($Replace($Replace($Replace($Replace($Replace($Replace($Replace($Replace($Replace($Replace($Replace($Replace($Replace($Replace($Replace($Replace($Replace($Replace($Replace($First(<Intérprete>,1),y ),su ),grupo),& ),de ),la ),alejandr),á,a),é,e),í,i),ó,o),ú,u),banda),jose ,j),.),lo ),los ),conjunto),del ),el ),gloria ,g),-),'),the ),juan ,ju),sonora ,s),of ),and ),angeles ,a),sus ),roberto ,r),rocio ,r), )),10))$Left($Use(®),1)\$Use(®) $Lower($Replace($Replace($Replace($Replace($Replace($Replace($Replace($Replace($Replace($Replace($Replace(<Título>, ),'),á,a),é,e),í,i),ó,o),ú,u),¿),?)))) $Right(<Fecha>,2)$Lower(<Album:1>)<#Pista:-2>


Can I replace all that cases with something more simple? something like $Replace(<Intérprete>,(a,b,c,d,e,f,g,etc...))

Thanks

Speebs
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:03 am

Re: Is there some way to replace multiple strings in a Sync

Post by Speebs » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:41 am

Take a look at this thread: http://mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 02#p268302

You can at least simplify this by getting rid of all of the Replace functions for the individual characters. The benefit to using my list is that it is also case sensitive. I don't think it includes all of the characters you list (like question marks) but it should help you. Note that this will also replace the characters when doing auto-organize (not just synchronizing).

ojk12
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:58 am

Re: Is there some way to replace multiple strings in a Sync

Post by ojk12 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:18 pm

Thanks
If I use this list I suppose that it will replace that caracters and phrases on all devices really?

I use up to 4 devices and I don't need that function with others.

My case is very similar to that guy, I can't explore my music in my auto-stereo, so I decided to create an initial letter for every artist 0-9 and a-z but before create that folders I need to remove a lot of prefixes and phrases, I mean, it could be a prefix or not, this way I can not use the mediamonkey prefixes function because it should ignore them when I navigate my library

Lowlander
Posts: 47043
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2003 5:53 pm
Location: MediaMonkey 5

Re: Is there some way to replace multiple strings in a Sync

Post by Lowlander » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:32 pm

$RemovePrefix(string) works with the prefixes configured under Tools > Options > Appearance, downside is that those are also used for prefixes inside the Artist nodes: http://www.mediamonkey.com/sw/webhelp/f ... ormats.htm
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

Speebs
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:03 am

Re: Is there some way to replace multiple strings in a Sync

Post by Speebs » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:14 pm

ojk12 wrote:Thanks
If I use this list I suppose that it will replace that caracters and phrases on all devices really?

I use up to 4 devices and I don't need that function with others.

My case is very similar to that guy, I can't explore my music in my auto-stereo, so I decided to create an initial letter for every artist 0-9 and a-z but before create that folders I need to remove a lot of prefixes and phrases, I mean, it could be a prefix or not, this way I can not use the mediamonkey prefixes function because it should ignore them when I navigate my library
Correct, this would affect every device but ONLY file names/paths. Tags will still contain the correct characters. I think it will only work on individual characters and not phrases, though.

In my case, I have a Squeezebox, car stereo, and a few portable MP3 players. All of them display, search, and sort based off of the tags and not the file names, and the only issues came up when the car stereo was unable to deal with non-standard characters in the file paths. Using the INI file method did end up renaming the folders in my library (becuase I used auto-organize), but all of the devices still actually display the non-standard characters since they are in the tags. I can live with my library folders and files having only standard characters, as long as all of my devices work as I want them to (and they do).

Post Reply