iPhone 4 not detected!

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

nohitter151

Re: iPhone 4 not detected!

Post by nohitter151 »

puchtec wrote:This sounds really strange. Maybe the new version of the d_iPhone.dll is part of MM 3.2.2.1300 - but will not replace an existing old version of d_iPhone.dll which was installed by a previous version of MM.
No, that isn't the case.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
firefly_sunny

Post by firefly_sunny »

I'm also using MM 3.2.2.1300 and iPhone 4G with iOS 4.1.2 and MM won't find the device.
I tried to install iTunes 10.1 and the Beta-DLL - still nothing!

Any ideas?
Kind regards and thanks,
Sunny
puchtec

Post by puchtec »

Hi Sunny,

you do not need iTunes on the machine. You have to overwrite the existing file d_iPhone.dll with the one provided by the link which I posted on 07th Nov (MM must not be running when doing this). The size of d_iPhone.dll must be 890.880 Bytes. After this you might have to restart the machine.

Cheers
firefly_sunny

Post by firefly_sunny »

Hi puchtec,

I tried that, twice by now. Doesn't work!

I reinstalled MM 3.2.2.1300 (downloaded only a few minutes earlier from the website so I have the latest version available). Didn't work.
I uninstalled iTunes, restarted. Didn't work.
Changed the DLL to the Beta version, restarted. Didn't work.
Reinstalled Apple Mobile Device Driver latest version whithout the whole iTunes App. Didn't work.

I'm out of my wits now :/
Thanks for any help. I'm running Windows 7 Professional 32 bit (if that helps). I also have a jailbreak on my iPone, think that somehow interferes?
Kind regards,
Sunny
m_bojangles

Post by m_bojangles »

My daughter won a refurbed 1st gen iPod Touch last Friday.
MM 3.2.2.1300
Accidentally, updated iTunes on 11/13/2010 to 10.1 (my iPhone 3GS used to sync before this)
Windows XP Pro 32-bit
I tried all the things that firefly_sunny tried and I can't get MM to recognize my iPhone or the 1st gen iPod touch.

I suspect something with the latest version of iTunes/Quicktime has "broken" the MM plugin.
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

m_bojangles wrote:My daughter won a refurbed 1st gen iPod Touch last Friday.
MM 3.2.2.1300
Accidentally, updated iTunes on 11/13/2010 to 10.1 (my iPhone 3GS used to sync before this)
Windows XP Pro 32-bit
I tried all the things that firefly_sunny tried and I can't get MM to recognize my iPhone or the 1st gen iPod touch.

I suspect something with the latest version of iTunes/Quicktime has "broken" the MM plugin.
Hello. New beta version should fix the problem with iTunes 10.1.

See: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... e4#p275557
Seven Ultimate X64 SP1 / Sansa Clip 2go (with RockBox)
firefly_sunny

Post by firefly_sunny »

Seems like they recognized the problem:
MediaMonkey 3.2.3 Released – Compatible with iTunes 10.1 and Newest iPods
November 15th, 2010

Ventis Media is proud to announce a new release of MediaMonkey. The new version adds compatibility with the iPod Nano 6G, iPod Shuffle 4G, and iPod Touch 4G, and fixes compatibility issues introduced with iTunes 10.1. Additionally, the new version includes several minor fixes.

MediaMonkey 3.2.3 is available for download now in free and Gold versions at:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/download

** MediaMonkey 3.2.3 has been tested on iPhone / iPod Touch / iPad with IOS 4.1 / 3.2 firmware. We’ll be able to verify compatibility IOS 4.2 as soon as it is released.

Post by Guest »

updated to itunes 10.1 and now my ipod touch v4.1 will not be recognized by media monkey either. using MM 3.2.3.
bremble

Post by bremble »

Ok, this could be a windows problem and not a Media Monkey problem. Try this:

Open the Control Panel > Administrative Tools> Services.

There should be a setting for Apple Mobile Devices. On the left-hand side you should have one or two choices : restart (or maybe just start) the service, and/or stop the service. Start or restart the device. This should do it if it was in the stopped position.

I had this problem as well.
lesedna

Post by lesedna »

Hi

I just purchased gold edition.

I have the last MM version (downloaded today).

I have the last iTunes, and last iOS version.

I'm pretty sure of it : I just intalled my new computer today so everything is up to date.

Still, the iPhone is not detected in MM. It is not jailbroken, has been activated, syncs well in iTunes...

is there something I am missing ?
lesedna

Post by lesedna »

Nevermind : I had installed the 3.2.2.1300 version.

This is strange. I think I downloaded it from the link in the purchase mail of gold edition. Maybe you can check it ? It didn't download the same setup file as the one I downloaded in the usual download page. Now I have 3.2.3.1303 and it works fine.
rusty

Post by rusty »

You might want to try removing the device plugin associated with your iPhone device so that MediaMonkey is forced to redetect it afresh.

-Rusty

p.s. MediaMonkey 3.2.4 is required if you've upgraded to iTunes 10.1 / IOS 4.2 (currently available via the beta forum).
triniallan

Post by triniallan »

Anyone have an update on this thread?

My iPad (v4.2.1) is not recognized by a fresh install of MM (v3.2.4).

I just updated itunes to 10.2.0.34 but I forgot to check if MM recognized the iPad when I had iTune 10.1 installed.

I tried replacing d_iPhone.dll with the one from the link to no avail.
I did not expect it to work since I beleive the file may be associated with the iPhone and not the iPad and since this thread is getting a bit old.

Anyone have any ideas?
tinana

Post by tinana »

Hmm, I wonder if iTunes 10.2 doesn't break iphone/MM compatibility. I was just about to download the update myself.
MM Gold/Lifetime member
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

tinana wrote:Hmm, I wonder if iTunes 10.2 doesn't break iphone/MM compatibility. I was just about to download the update myself.
I just updated to the latest itunes 10.2 but it hasn't broken anything with my iPhone 4. MediaMonkey 3.2.4 still detects it after upgrading (I have an iPhone 4 OS 4.2.1).
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.