Confused about playlists

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

chrisjj

Re: Confused about playlists

Post by chrisjj »

> The issue in my Zen MX is shown also if filename's lenght is longer than 8 characters.

This suggests there has been a much wider change to the ZEN firmeare, maybe even a swicth of a codebase. I wonder what other hazards are there are...

Could you report the formware version number please? On ZEN this is under System, Information.
Chris
danny62

Post by danny62 »

chrisjj wrote:> The issue in my Zen MX is shown also if filename's lenght is longer than 8 characters.

This suggests there has been a much wider change to the ZEN firmeare, maybe even a swicth of a codebase. I wonder what other hazards are there are...

Could you report the formware version number please? On ZEN this is under System, Information.
1.02.04. I think it's the latest version of the firmware.
chrisjj

Post by chrisjj »

> 1.02.04. I think it's the latest version of the firmware.

Well, that's a new version sequence if not also codebase - ZEN's near-latest is 1.21.03e.

Thanks.
Chris
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Chris:

I do not think that is the latest number for the Zen MX, according to Creative's website 1.02.04 is the latest for the MX which is the player that danny62 has.
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
chrisjj

Post by chrisjj »

OK Nyn, but same conclusion applies.
Chris
moatmai

Post by moatmai »

I spent a couple of hours analyzing the problem with the Creative Zen MX based on forum reports here and on AnythingButIpod. Doing a clean-up using recovery mode doesn't help, neither does a firmware update.

I posted a workaround here: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 90#p230790

Also, a kind user wrote a JavaScript which can truncate playlists directly (without needing the workaround). Haven't tried the script yet, but the workaround described in the first post does work (even if it's a bit ugly). Use either one or the other to solve your playlist woes.

P.S.: Of course this does not resolve the problem that mobile playlists can't be synced back to MediaMonkey.