Sansa E260 SDHC Rockbox Media Monkey HELP!!

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

KLJH

Sansa E260 SDHC Rockbox Media Monkey HELP!!

Post by KLJH »

I got a Sansa E260. I was using Media Monkey happily to synch it, but ran out of space soon (4gb). Since it had an SDHC slot, I made the mistake of assuming it could read an SDHC card. Silly me. I find out subsequently that V1.02 cannot read SDHC cards. I read that this problem would be fixed if I installed Rockbox. I installed Rockbox, which I see reads my SDHC card, but doesn't seem to see what I had on before I installed Rockbox. I thought, no problem, I would just synch it using Media Monkey! I plug it in to synch it and it seems to return to the sansa firmware and doesn't see my SDHC card... Help, Mr. Wizard!! I am pretty sure Media Monkey can interact with the Rockbox (boot v5) on my sansa, but I have no idea what I need to do to make that happen. Please assist. Thanks!!
JBDive

Re: Sansa E260 SDHC Rockbox Media Monkey HELP!!

Post by JBDive »

I am having a ton of trouble switching to MM however I can help you with the Sansa/Rockbox SDHC USB issue. Go get the latest build of Rockbox which now has USB file transfer support, YEAH, so when you connect your Sansa it will stay in Rockbox. If you don't as you found it it reboots to the Sansa which cannot read SDHC cards.

Re: Sansa E260 SDHC Rockbox Media Monkey HELP!!

Post by Guest »

KLJH wrote:I got a Sansa E260. I was using Media Monkey happily to synch it, but ran out of space soon (4gb). Since it had an SDHC slot, I made the mistake of assuming it could read an SDHC card. Silly me. I find out subsequently that V1.02 cannot read SDHC cards. I read that this problem would be fixed if I installed Rockbox. I installed Rockbox, which I see reads my SDHC card, but doesn't seem to see what I had on before I installed Rockbox. I thought, no problem, I would just synch it using Media Monkey! I plug it in to synch it and it seems to return to the sansa firmware and doesn't see my SDHC card... Help, Mr. Wizard!! I am pretty sure Media Monkey can interact with the Rockbox (boot v5) on my sansa, but I have no idea what I need to do to make that happen. Please assist. Thanks!!
in Rockbox you need to update your database before you see the tracks.