iphone 3g OS 3.0 (developer preview OS)

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

jeffffff

Re: iphone 3g OS 3.0 (developer preview OS)

Post by jeffffff »

I'v got exactly the same problem : mediamonbkey crashes everytime I plug the iphone.
sko

Post by sko »

Any news? I didn't have time to do this yet, but now I have and i want to try it, but how do I dump the contents of the iPhone?

btw: it looks like 3b5 is the last beta,the golden version, no other beta came out, so it's worth testing now as the protocol doesn't seem to change anymore.
Peke

Post by Peke »

jiri wrote:I can confirm the problem after iTunes 8.2 update, it will be fixed in the next build.

Jiri
[EDIT by Rusty: 'next build' refers to the next 3.1 beta build (3.1.0.1251). Note also, the crash is not related to the iTunes firmware, but rather to the update to iTunes 8.2.2]
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
iskondi

Post by iskondi »

Hey,

I downloaded the latest beta version, which fixed my issue where Media Monkey would crash immediately, however when I tried to sync music it said that the OS 3.0 isn't supported. When I downloaded the .dll mentioned earlier in this thread it caused Media Monkey to go back to crashing on startup.

Is there a newer version of that DLL I should be grabbing?
Thanks for a great product guys!

Iskondi
jiri

Post by jiri »

Ok, I reuploaded the testing version of the plug-in to the same location, so you can test it with 3.x firmware. Please report your findings here.

Thanks,
Jiri
carpediem041

Post by carpediem041 »

It still doesn't seem to work. You can now sync to it and it shows the music being on there in mediamonkey but once you go to the Ipod it doesn't show up.
jiri

Post by jiri »

I think that some users already reported successful sync with 3.0 FW, so I'm not sure, will try to install and test this FW as soon as possible.

Jiri
Iskondi

Post by Iskondi »

Hey, I just grabbed the d_iPhone.dll from http://www.mediamonkey.com/beta/d_iPhone.dll and replaced the existing one from the beta download of Media Monkey. It still crashes on me as soon as I launch the program.

If I reinstall from the latest version of the beta it doesn't crash but says it cannot sync with 3.0 firmware.

Any other ideas?
Thanks,
Iskondi
Iskondi

Post by Iskondi »

I just retried with the very latest beta that you posted last night and a redownload from http://www.mediamonkey.com/beta/d_iphone.dll and it has the same behavior. With the original it opens up but says that it cannot sync with 3.0 and with the replaced DLL it just crashes as soon as it opens.

Thanks for everything guys, let me know if I can test out anything else?
Iskondi
jiri

Post by jiri »

Have you properly replaced the d_iPhone.dll in MM\Plugins folder? Isn't the copy from some browser cache? It should work well...

Jiri
carpediem041

Post by carpediem041 »

Thats were I have the plugin placed. It seems to copy everything just fine but the music won't show up on the ipod. Honestly I don't see why it doesn't work. The OS I'm using is the Mastergold 3.0 that is supposed to be released to the public next week.
Iskondi

Post by Iskondi »

Welp not sure what of the following fixed it but it will now successfully sync music to my iPhone running the GM of OS 3.0!
I uninstalled Media Monkey and removed the C:\Program Files\Media Monkey directory.

I downloaded the debug build from the latest beta.
I used a different browser to download the d_iPhone.dll file and placed it into the C:\Program Files\Media Monkey\Plugins directory.
I right clicked on the d_iPhone.dll file and noticed that down at the bottom it said that this dll had been downloaded from another computer and may be "blocked" so I clicked unblock.

Loaded up Media Monkey and synced some music, no crash and no errors!!!
Unfortunately although Media Monkey can see the transferred music on my iPhone my iPhone does not see the music. :-(( So I am now in the same spot as carpediem041.

Let me know if I can check anything else!
Thanks guys!
Iskondi
carpediem041

Post by carpediem041 »

Any luck with the OS 3.0 issue?
Iskondi

Post by Iskondi »

I'm still stuck where you are stuck :-( It will transfer the music but it never shows up on the Phone. (Although Media Monkey can see that it is physically there.)

Iskondi
liger_trainer

Post by liger_trainer »

Add me to the list of sad OS 3.0 users. Love the new OS, but hate having to use iTunes :(