Sync expansion cards within players?

Get answers about syncing the current release of MediaMonkey with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

GuyScharf

Re: Sync expansion cards within players?

Post by GuyScharf »

nohitter151 wrote:It should see it if you set up the USB mass plugin. Go to Tools | Options | Portable / Audio devices, then select USBmass1.dll and "Configure". go to the Device Configuration tab and select the drive letter that the card appears as, then hit OK.
Thanks, that did it!

I do find it a bit confusing to have to remember how two different drives constitute the player when setting the autosync list for each.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

okay since i said i'd check it out here is the update to it.

my rca lyra has not been used in this computer for a long time, so when it was connected. windows explorer did not know it and could not see it or the sd card, but it said it was installing the drivers for it.(bad move)
how ever media monkey 3 did see the rca lyra as drive G, and the sd card as drive H, it just could not use the sd card because of something done by windows xp which was it removed the drivers for the rca when it said it was installing them.
also when i first connected the rca lyra windows explorer shot the cpu cycles to 100% so that could be going on with your stuff too an m$ error not mediamonkey.?
now windows can see the rca lyra and the sd card. but it wanted to reboot after the install of the drivers it said it did. so after the reboot, now windows explorer cant see either the rca lyra or the sd card? (because it uninstalled the drivers from the manufacture of the device. the dadblasted stupid windows xp any way)

but monkey 2.5.998 and monkey 3.0.4 can see both the lyra and the sdcard, only now cause of windows xp screwing up the works it shows zero free space and zero used space and zero storage space. but it sees them.

aaaaaaaaaagggggggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! dadgum microsoft crap anyway. :x :x

:( i'm just not going to reinstall on this computer the rca is not used much anymore anyway since we have the zen micro, and all the songs are on the other computer anyway. but i was just trying to let you all know what was going on with this and it seems to be something to do with windows xp.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Monkeyfied

Post by Monkeyfied »

Bump. Has a recent release of MediaMonkey added the ability to sync an expansion card via MTP while the card is in the portable device? Thanks in advance.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Monkeyfied wrote:Bump. Has a recent release of MediaMonkey added the ability to sync an expansion card via MTP while the card is in the portable device? Thanks in advance.
Yes, see the release candidate available in the beta testing forum.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
PromisedPlanet

Post by PromisedPlanet »

nohitter151 wrote:
Monkeyfied wrote:Bump. Has a recent release of MediaMonkey added the ability to sync an expansion card via MTP while the card is in the portable device? Thanks in advance.
Yes, see the release candidate available in the beta testing forum.
Doesn't work with my Sansa Connect - can only see internal memory. Maybe they're only supporting a subset of devices.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

You don't really need to triple post this, but you said that it worked fine with the correct beta build, yes?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
PromisedPlanet

Post by PromisedPlanet »

nohitter151 wrote:You don't really need to triple post this, but you said that it worked fine with the correct beta build, yes?
From what I've seen so far, yes.