MM w/Sansa Fuze with Micro SD Card

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

danbanana

MM w/Sansa Fuze with Micro SD Card

Post by danbanana »

this isn't really a sync'ing question, since i prefer to manually copy my music, but...

i have a sansa fuze. in the past, i connected via MTP mode and have fallen in love with MM's ease-of-transfer via the SEND TO option. in MTP mode, the fuze pops up as a device in the main tree node and is the first option when right-clicking and selecting SEND TO. i recently picked up a cheap 2GB micro sd card to expand capacity but the micro sd which cannot be recognized in MTP, only MSC mode. no biggie, right? i changed the connection mode and load MM. here's where it gets weird: MM seems to only recognize one "drive" in the main tree node, either the fuze or the micro sd card. and what drive is "sees" seems to be random. starting MM, i will randomly get the fuze (as G:\) or the micro sd (as H:\) in the main tree node. going through the My Computer node allows me to see both (since windows does) and right clicking choosing the path SEND TO->FOLDER (COPY) allows me to select which ever drive isn't in the main tree node during that start. but that's an extra step, and i need to be extra careful not to select FOLDER (MOVE). lazy? sure, but i've got 2 questions:

1) can MM be set to recognize both in the main tree node, such that both are available via SEND TO, without having to path through the folder selection?
2) what's up with the randomness? even if the answer to #1 is no, i'd prefer if MM always recognized the fuze in the main tree node. i'd survive going through the FOLDER (COPY) path if i needed to drop something in the micro sd card, but that isn't what's going on.

any help would be great. thanks.

-dan
dan banana

Re: MM w/Sansa Fuze with Micro SD Card

Post by dan banana »

bump...
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Try to go to Tools | Options | Portable/audio devices and configuring the USBmass plugin. Go to the device configuration tab and select the drive letter that Windows recognizes your card as, then hit OK. You should be able to repeat that for all available drive letters.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
dan banana

Post by dan banana »

hey hey! thank you! this worked. i didn't realize you could map drives like that.
Hillshum

Post by Hillshum »

I have the same problem with an e260 v2 and a 2gb sd card. I went to the settings but did not find the usbmass plugin. I've seen it before though. Any Ideas?
to heck with ipods
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Tools | Options | Portable / audio devices
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.