When will MM4 stop updating iOS

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

rrfpacker

When will MM4 stop updating iOS

Post by rrfpacker »

I don't plan on using/installing MM5 until the add-ons I use the most are updated (Magic Nodes mostly, Randomize Playlist, Adjust Play Counts) and more skins are available. I don't need a new phone, but I also don't want to get one a year from now and I can't use MM4 to sync.

Does anyone know how long MM4 will be upgraded, if at all, and what the latest iOS system MM4 will work with?
Last edited by rrfpacker on Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lowlander

Re: When will MM4 stop updating iOS

Post by Lowlander »

At the moment there are no plans for a new MediaMonkey 4 release. MediaMonkey 5 is the update to the latest MediaMonkey 4 release.
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

Thank you. How do I find out the latest version of iOS that MM4 will work with?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Unfortunately, only way will be when Apple make so much changes in iOS that MM code can't compensate the changes and hashes fail. So you get iOS version is not supported :(
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

Thank you, but what is the highest iS version MM4 will sync with now?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

There is a plugin now that adds Support for iOS 15 in MediaMonkey 4: https://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brow ... c-plug-in/
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

Thank you!
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Our pleasure, especially as internal tests showed that it was safe (no issues/regressions found in our limited tests) to enable iOS 15 sync.
Best regards,
Peke
dwitt

Post by dwitt »

Does that mean the Media Monkey software will now work with an IPhone without a lot of aggravations? I have had a lot of problems getting the Media Monkey software to work on my Android phone. I am wondering if an iPhone would be easier?
Peke

Post by Peke »

dwitt wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:51 am Does that mean the Media Monkey software will now work with an IPhone without a lot of aggravations? I have had a lot of problems getting the Media Monkey software to work on my Android phone. I am wondering if an iPhone would be easier?
Most definitely not, MM is allowed to access use iPhones to sync as much as Apple allows us and even when theoretically we are allowed to make MM sync to they never release documentation on how we can do that, so usually it ends on our experience and trial and error till we figure it out and make MM sync again. Sometimes it takes few days and sometimes never. For now we are still able to figure things out, but that doesn't means next iOS patch will not block us.
Best regards,
Peke
dwitt

Odd Synchronizing problem

Post by dwitt »

I have something else that is baffling me. I have a play list called "recently added" that reflects items I have added in the last few months. Some new recordings by a group appear there and play fine. However, when I go to the search artist or album artist by name, this recently added recording does not appear, i.e. like in the software's mind it was never added even though I clearly see it there. How do I fix a problem like this?