Story Songs

Community forum for discussions completely unrelated to MediaMonkey.

Moderator: Gurus

tosarge

Re: Story Songs

Post by tosarge »

OK 1 clue, the drinks champagne tasted like Coca Cola
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

tosarge wrote:OK 1 clue, the drinks champagne tasted like Coca Cola
must be dance with a dolly. from ww2 era. recently redone on a salute to the vets of ww2 album.

or is the name rum and coke a cola? :-?
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
tosarge

Post by tosarge »

HINT 2 C O L A cola....la la la cola

I'm laffin cuz as i type this I'm listening to "Please Mr, Custard I Don't Wanna Go :D
lightbee

Post by lightbee »

saw these songs and thought i'd jump in. actually cowboy told me about them. here are my songs:

1. boy meets girl and falls in love. they buy a house and while fixing it up find out they are pregnant. when the baby is one year old they find out the mother is deathly ill. she dies and baby and daddy are left alone.
2. the wife is raped and killed. the husband and marshall ride out after criminals into land outside the marshall's jurisdiction. they find them and every shot they fire is good but now they ride forever.
3. teenagers are in love but it is forbidden. the girl's father freeks when he finds out she is pregnant. he takes his gun and goes after boyfriend. he ends up shooting his daughter when she gets in between them.
4. a boy plays in football game watching bleachers. his team is way behind. he comes back after halftime, plays his heart out, and the team wins. the coach asks what happened and he says its the first time his father's seen him play.

see if you can get any of these! :D
tosarge

Post by tosarge »

Hey Hi, #3 I know Run Joey Run by David Geddes

I'm gonna take a guess at #2 and say 'Hey Joe" that songs been done by many and it seems lots of versions on that 1, but that's a total guess. I'm still stumped on the others but they have a familar scenario, Gonna think those over a bit.

Nothing like a good death song or 2 :D
Actually Aerosmith did a fairly controversial one called "Janie's Got A Gun" where the daughter kills the abusive father,
good stuff.
Solitaire001

Post by Solitaire001 »

rovingcowboy wrote:notta clue? :-?

hey Solitaire001

how could you forget it.
you know what it is, did you not want to post it?
ah come on now its a funny song.

Eat it. by weird al. :lol:
I didn't think of "Eat It" as a story song. To me it was more of a declaration song, an angry parent telling his/her child what he/she will eat. That's unlike "Skipper Dan" which is the story of a man who was going to be the best actor of his generation...so long ago. Now, he's a tour guide on a jungle boat ride.
tosarge

Post by tosarge »

I agree with you Solitaire, a story song needs a Plot.a timetable.

hey Lightbee was #1 of your songs Honey -by Bobby Goldsborro ?
And Rovingcowboy after 2 hints you still don't know this one?
After drinking and dancing at the local club with a girl he met there, a young man who never has even so much as kissed a girl becomes confused about the whole situation.

I guess the song is a little too "Kinky"....hint hint :D
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

no i can't make heads or tales of that song you posted?

but i know the ones you can't get from lightbee. :lol:
no i'm not going to say i'll let lightbee reply to you,

yep i know eat it is not a plot song to speak of but it does have the story of the straving kids that can't eat it. :lol:
that is just a wild song i like it and other parady and crazy songs. like "i lobster and never flounder."

:lol: :lol: :roll:
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
tosarge

Post by tosarge »

Ok the song was ..Lola by the Kinks.
This poor guy after spending the night with her dancing and drinking and almost getting his spine broke by slow dancing with her, finally figures out that SHE is really a HE.

Told ya not your typical cowboys around the campfire song. :D
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

no its not the campfire song. but could be if one line was added. which is
" So i went for my gun and shot the varmit, now i'm sitting here in jail waiting to find out if i shot a she or a he or a whatca call it. the whatca call it will set me free."
that would make it a cowboy campfire song. :)
tosarge

Post by tosarge »

Hey Lightbee your song #2 sounds like the story from "High Plains Drifter" but I don't recall any music in that so I'm still stumped.
tosarge

Post by tosarge »

ha ha varmit. that made me laff.

I'm not so sure that after riding on the range for days, or on a long cattle drive that some of them cowboys would have loved a dance or 2 with LOLA

Imagine the song Marty Robbins would have wrote after meeting Lola
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

tosarge wrote:ha ha varmit. that made me laff.

I'm not so sure that after riding on the range for days, or on a long cattle drive that some of them cowboys would have loved a dance or 2 with LOLA

Imagine the song Marty Robbins would have wrote after meeting Lola
you don't know them then cause every town was a day off for the trial drivers. where do you think the best little .... house in the west came from.?? some ones per...ted mind? :o nope think again it was real life. :(

" Low and lingering all the smoke from the gun barral slowly lifted aloft to the sky after i shot that low down varmit lola"

hows that for imagining? :D
tosarge

Post by tosarge »

Ha, not bad, I could almost smell the gunpowder.

OK here's another one for anyone who wants to guess, here's the story.
For no apparent reason, A man kills 2 women with the same special weapon. He is caught and brought to trial but before being sentenced, he manages to kill the Judge with the same weapon.

OK.pencils down...and ......begin.
Lightbee

Post by Lightbee »

Well, you got one of them right but Clint Eastwood and Bobby Goldsboro were duds.
So here go the answers:

1. Rocky, Austin Roberts
2. Borderline, Alabama and Charlie Daniels
3. Run, Joey Run, David Geddes
4. Blind Man in the Bleachers, Kenny Starr

As to your song about the women being killed, I don't have the name but I have an idea. Tell me if I'm wrong. Since it was a "special weapon" we can assume it was not a regular gun or knife. Also, since the judge was killed and he has a prior reputation of killing women, we can assume the judge was a woman. Now for the good part. With the weapon I am thinking of (only because of your description of it), he would had to have killed them by giving them a heart attack while they were involved in horizontal exercises. Not bad huh! :D