How to back up MediaMonkey

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

micro

How to back up MediaMonkey

Post by micro »

I'm planning om reinstalling Windows soon, but I would like to keep all the information MediaMonkey has of my music files; the number of times the files have been played, playlists etc.

Is all I have to do to keep this info to back up the MediaMonkey folder I have in My Music, and when I have reinstalled Windows exchange the new MediaMonkey folder with the old one?
wallstreetwalker

Post by wallstreetwalker »

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ght=backup

a script for backin up.

you might want to copy:
- the entire mediamonkey folder in the C:\...\my documents\my music folder
- the scripts folder if you don't want to reinstall them
C:\program files\mediamonkey\...

- same for plugins and dll's you added (or reinstall ofcourse)

i think that 'll do. (please confirm, i 've never done anything like this)

to be absolutely safe you might want to first sync all tags with the library in case something weird happens.
PUNK IN DRUBLIC
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

Backup your program files\mediamonkey and my documents\my music\mediamonkey folders.
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Have you considered Ghost?

I love this program. I have a 150gig computer compressed and ghosted in about 50gigs. I have kept the factory out of the box settings, my uptospeed computer with all the bells and whistles, and my last backup from a month ago.

Ghost takes a picture of your CD exactly how it is now and when you reinstall, all your preferences, icons, programs, and settings are all exactly like you had them. What a wonderfull program.

$40.
Regards,

Scooter
Registered Lifetime Gold Licensee
Since 2006

Custom RAID Workstation > Focusrite I/O > 1g Cat6 Network > Adcom Preamp > Vandersteen Crossover > Adcom Power Amp > Vandersteen 3 Speakers > Vandersteen 2wq Subwoofer