Two "Now Playing" lists?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

pokeefe0001

Two "Now Playing" lists?

Post by pokeefe0001 »

Is it possible to have 2 "Now Playing" lists displayed? I would like one for a large 2nd monitor and one on the regular MM screen for a "DJ" to use. The one on the external monitor could be display-only; it wouldn't be used to control the list.

I assume there is no way to have the existing "Now Playing" panel/frame displayed in 2 places, but has someone made an alternate display that can be shown at the same time as the original one?
MMV4 (1919) Portable
MMW5 (2606) Portable
Multiple Win11 x64 21H2
Multiple Win7 x32, unknown builds
Lowlander

Re: Two "Now Playing" lists?

Post by Lowlander »

Perhaps, you have both the Now Playing window and Now Playing node to work with. In MediaMonkey 4 the Now Playing window can be detached.
pokeefe0001

Post by pokeefe0001 »

Lowlander wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:53 pm Perhaps, you have both the Now Playing window and Now Playing node to work with. In MediaMonkey 4 the Now Playing window can be detached.
Ah! Thank you. We detach and move the Now Playing window to the 2nd monitor. I didn't realize that clicking on the Now Playing node would bring up the list in the main MM display. (I've been away from MM for many months.)
MMV4 (1919) Portable
MMW5 (2606) Portable
Multiple Win11 x64 21H2
pokeefe0001

Post by pokeefe0001 »

I think I need to return to my original question: Is there a way to get a duplicate (or similar) Now Playing display? Having the Now Playing window and the Now Playing node display is a great help, but I don't think there is a way to have a search/playlist/album/whatever node display and a Now Playing node display show at the same time ... limiting the use of drag-and-drop to add tracks to the Now Playing list. (Yes, we can blindly drag things to the off-screen Now Playing list and then bring up the Now Playing node display to make corrections, but that's kind of clumsy.)

What I would really like is "read only" copy of the Now Playing window that could be dragged to external monitor. Does such an addon exist? If not, is there something close enough that I could cannibalize even though I do not have a deep understanding of MM internals?
MMV4 (1919) Portable
MMW5 (2606) Portable
Multiple Win11 x64 21H2
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Not that I'm aware of.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Now PLaying can be easily fetched with https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/ISDBPl ... ntSongList so only thing you need to do is to get the list create Clone within https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/ISDBAp ... ewSongList and then create your own UI to have it static on second screen.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
pokeefe0001

Post by pokeefe0001 »

Peke wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:15 pm Now PLaying can be easily fetched with https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/ISDBPl ... ntSongList so only thing you need to do is to get the list create Clone within https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/ISDBAp ... ewSongList and then create your own UI to have it static on second screen.
I'm afraid your definition of "easily" is a bit different that mine. I may eventually try this but for now it's a bit beyond my skill set.
MMV4 (1919) Portable
MMW5 (2606) Portable
Multiple Win11 x64 21H2