[REQ] The symbol # be added to the list of symbols that are ignored in favour of the next character.

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

belomeclone

[REQ] The symbol # be added to the list of symbols that are ignored in favour of the next character.

Post by belomeclone »

In MediaMonkey, some symbols or words are ignored in favour of what comes after. "The Beatles" are with the Bs alphabetically. I have a song that is titled " '49 ", it is alphabetically with the other songs that begin with 4, not with other " ' " symbols. I am asking for # to be given the same rules. I have a song by Garbage "#1 Crush" which appears at the top of my library. I believe it instead should be included in the 1s.

Songs that begin with a parenthesis " ( " are also categorized above the numbers. I wonder if they should also be added to this rule. So that "(Everyday Is) Halloween" goes in the Es, and that "(Who Discovered) America" goes in the Ws.

Thank you!
Barry4679

Re: [REQ] The symbol # be added to the list of symbols that are ignored in favour of the next character.

Post by Barry4679 »

You can do this in MM5.
See here, I am ignoring "the, and double quote marks
  • requires a MM5 restart
  • multiple entries need to be comma separated
  • the Choose buttons allows you to control which columns are affected
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
belomeclone

Re: [REQ] The symbol # be added to the list of symbols that are ignored in favour of the next character.

Post by belomeclone »

Maaaan, I've never even heard of MediaMonkey5! I am guessing it's not fully ready for release yet? I'm not finding much info on it. Seems like it requires a paid license?

I'm sorry I posted this in the wrong category. MM4 gets frequent updates I had assumed I was using the most recent version. I'm surprised there's no mention of MM5 in any of the MM4 updates. I'm glad this is possible in MM5! I need to look into it.