Wrong titles, Hundreds of cd's not showing.

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Mr. J

Wrong titles, Hundreds of cd's not showing.

Post by Mr. J »

Just added 170 CD collection on NAS (to several hundred already existing).
When I go on NAS, everything is fine and usable, can play on other servers. When I go through MM, I can only find about 70 of the newly added CDs. However, MM does allow me to find all the tracks individually of the 170 CD collection.
When I try to burn a CD, again the Burn section only finds a small portion of the CDs.
I did a rescan, it seemed to come back with fewer CDs found in whole, and more individual tracks available in MM tree.
Using PC WIN7, latest MM version Gold.
Also, many of the file titles of my CDs are changed, so it really makes finding anything quite difficult.

I'm tempted to do a complete uninstall and a redo of MM, but I have 33,000 tracks and it has taken me too many hours to get some accessibility to some/most of those already.
HELP!
Lowlander

Re: Wrong titles, Hundreds of cd's not showing.

Post by Lowlander »

Did you scan from the Media Server or File Server on the NAS?
Mr. J

Post by Mr. J »

OK, so yesterday I did a reinstall of MM. Cleaned appdata.
When I scanned my NAS for my library, MM did not allow me to choose where to look, only what type of files (video, flac, mp3, etc.) I chose only flac.
I wanted to choose only one folder, but could not. So that scan took all night.

Now, same thing as before, but worse. In BURN, no locations are available. Only <10% of my albums are available. When I select an album and click NEXT, I get a blank box without tracks; there is nothing to burn.

FYI:
I do use CCleaner and BitDefender optimizer. I did not have MM unchecked on
CCleaner, which activates every shutdown. I now changed CCleaner. Don't know how to have BitDefender ignore MM. Do I need to reinstall MM again because of this?
PC, WIN7, Pro, 64bit, QNAP NAS library storage.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

1) Scanning is done through File > Add/Rescan Files which gives full control of what you want scanned: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHelp: Using the UNC Path (\\NASNAME\folder\) is important.

2) For burning you can select the files first then start to burn. Note that you can't burn files from a media server (path often starts with http://)