Saved tag information

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Ashjuk

Saved tag information

Post by Ashjuk »

Hi,

I am ripping my CD collection to flac files and tagging them using MediaMonkey. There are a lot of classical compilation albums that have tracks by various artists and composers that I wish to tag with that information.

My question is how do you get MM to store tag information so that you don't have to keep retyping things like composer all the time?

I know that MM can store this information because when I click on the down arrow on the Artists box of the File Properties dialog box I am offered an entry for an album I tagged quite a while ago.

I have had a look in the MM.db file and I can see this album name along with information from recent editing, but MM will only offer that one album name and none of the others.

Any ideas?
Lowlander

Re: Saved tag information

Post by Lowlander »

Composer, Album Artist, Album and Artist all have auto-complete drop-down when entering them in MediaMonkey.

This is only for files in the MediaMonkey Library, so if you use My Computer instead or Ripped files aren't added to the Library their values won't be available.
Ashjuk

Post by Ashjuk »

Thanks for the reply, Lowlander.

As I am only using MM to rip and tag the files and not as a player, it's probably not worth adding them to the library. Looks like I will just have to work my way through each track one by one.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, Auto-Complete only shows MediaMonkey Library values.