Creating playlist "one song albums" based on other playlist

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

jaygould

Creating playlist "one song albums" based on other playlist

Post by jaygould »

Hi,

I'm trying to setup a smart playlist with some special requirements, but can't get it to work.
Here's what I'm trying to achieve:
- I have a static playlist with about 13k songs which I sync to my mobile device
- I'd like to create a smart playlist based on the static one which contains only songs which are the only ones from an album (say: Album A has 10 songs but I have only one song of those in my static playlist, so I'd like that one song to appear in my "one song albums"-list)

What I did:
- created a smart playlist with the options "song is from songlist 'sync' (my static playlist)" AND "# songs per album = 1"

But now I have only songs in the smart playlist which are the only ones from an album inside my whole library (and are in the static playlist), not single songs from my static playlist.
I have tried to create the smart playlist inside the static one to base its selection on it, but I get the same result.

Any idea how this can be achieved?

Kind regards
Lowlander

Re: Creating playlist "one song albums" based on other playlist

Post by Lowlander »

So the goal is to find all Albums that have 1 song only on the static Playlist and display the 1 song? So any Albums with multiple songs on static Playlist would be excluded?

That's not possible as there is no condition to check this. Songs per Album works on the Album in your Library, not on the static Playlist.
jaygould

Post by jaygould »

Thanks for the quick reply. Too bad, this can't be done. If the smart playlists could select a different "base" for their queries, this would be possible, but for that the smart playlist-window where you choose where to search ("whole archive", "music", etc.) probably has to be changed, e.g. if this dropdown could include playlists.

I have a static playlist with "one song albums" on my old player (just migrated to MediaMonkey), I'll use that one for now.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You can check what Magic Nodes can accomplish: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... agic+nodes
jaygould

Post by jaygould »

Will do, thanks.