CD Location

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

larryforehand

CD Location

Post by larryforehand »

I would like to use MM to catalog and locate my CD's. They are stored in holders, each containing 50 cds. Each holder is labelled A, B, C, etc with the individual cds then A-1, A-2...A-50, B-1, B-2, B-50. I would like to know the easiest way to incorporate this location into my database. I know I can rename one of the custom fields (CD Location), but that seems to only tag one track at a time. Is there a way to make entries into a relabeled custom field global for all tracks on the cd currently in the DVD drive, being imported?
Lowlander

Re: CD Location

Post by Lowlander »

No, but you can Auto-Tag from Filename afterwards to get this into a Custom field from the folder: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... ormats/4.0
larryforehand

Post by larryforehand »

Thanks for the reply. Could you give me an example of exactly how to enter the auto-tag? Lets say the Cd is in drive "D" to import. Artist-U2, Album-God, Desired tag-Custom Field 1 (renamed to CD Location), location tag A-10. Sorry to be so dense but I am just beginning my education of MM. Do have some background in Access and Excel. I think I see the difference between "Filename Tag" and "Directory Tag", but if you feel one is better or easier for my intention, let me know.
Thanks again.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You'd do this after you Ripped the files, not on the CD itself: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... lename/4.0
sallenmd87

Post by sallenmd87 »

You can tag multiple tracks at once. If you select an entire album, you can edit the custom tag for all of its tracks at the same time.