Possible to set up 2 music folders? Maybe not the right term

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Kutusov

Possible to set up 2 music folders? Maybe not the right term

Post by Kutusov »

I think I used to have a library under "Music" and another under "Classic Music". The objective is to be able to play in random the entire "everything else not classic" library and not having classic music mixed in that. Having everything "in this folder" showing and then "everything in that folder" is the easiest way I can think of to do this.

I've lost a lot of music due to an external hard drive failure but the tree on the left had side of MM does show me "Music" and "Classic Music". So I think that's the way I used to have it set up. Problem is, I have no clue how I done that... help? :(
MMFrLife

Re: Possible to set up 2 music folders? Maybe not the right

Post by MMFrLife »

If you have Gold version, you can create a collection with criteria:
"Type - equals - Music"
"Type - doesn't equal - Classical Mussic"

If you have other media you want to exclude, create rules for those too (in same collection > "doesn't - podcast", etc.)
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
Kutusov

Post by Kutusov »

MMFrLife wrote:If you have Gold version, you can create a collection with criteria:
"Type - equals - Music"

If you have other media you want to exclude, create rules for those too (in same collection > "doesn't - podcast", etc.)
Ah, thanks, that will do! Always learning new stuff with MM!.. shame I can never remember said stuff next time I need it :D
Peke

Post by Peke »

Kutusov wrote:Always learning new stuff with MM!.. shame I can never remember said stuff next time I need it :D
This is so true ;)
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

MMFrLife wrote:If you have Gold version, you can create a collection with criteria:
"Type - equals - Music"

Actually, to correct myself :-? :roll: , just the "Music" type should be all you need.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
Kutusov

Post by Kutusov »

MMFrLife wrote: Actually, to correct myself :-? :roll: , just the "Music" type should be all you need.
Yeh, I remembered that's how I used to have stuff set up. But the collection thing also works through tags, so that's probably why I had a classic folder on the tree node. Anyway, it's all fine and easily accessible now, and the collection option that I didn't have before is a handy one. Thanks again!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Initially the Music Collection didn't include Type = Classical Music. This got changes after user feedback and now Music includes both Type = Music and Type = Classical Music by default. Gold users can modify this to fit their personal needs.
Kutusov

Post by Kutusov »

Yes, just noticed I have both an option for Classical and Classical Music... well, I tagged everything under Classical, I just need to lump them all together somewhere. It's a PITA to organize and tag big composer collections as there's hundreds of Bach's Messiah etc, autotag is a huge help for everything else but this genre. Something to keep me occupied for months to come :D

Thanks gents!