Can't remove anything from "Now Playing"

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

tbessie

Can't remove anything from "Now Playing"

Post by tbessie »

I have MediaMonkey open, and I select everything in "Now Playing", and hit "Delete".

It asks if I'm sure I want to delete them. I have "Delete from Now Playing and the Library Only" selection. I say "Yes".

Nothing happens.

Any idea why that might be the case? Shouldn't deleting items from Now Playing... actually delete them from the list?

I noticed this when I was trying to scan some folders for a bunch of FLAC files I downloaded from the web. Though I scanned them, they never appear in my library.

These FLAC files contain no tags whatsoever, so I wonder if that has something to do with both of the issues above.

Anyone have any clues?

- Tim
Lowlander

Re: Can't remove anything from "Now Playing"

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MediaMonkey? Although I don't have it set to ask and it only deletes from Now Playing it works fine here.

If the files have no tags they may not match the Criteria of the Collection you're viewing. Try using Entire Library (enable under File > Manage Collections) instead as it shows all files in Library. Its Location sub-node is best as your files have no tags.
tbessie

Post by tbessie »

Lowlander wrote:Which version of MediaMonkey? Although I don't have it set to ask and it only deletes from Now Playing it works fine here.

If the files have no tags they may not match the Criteria of the Collection you're viewing. Try using Entire Library (enable under File > Manage Collections) instead as it shows all files in Library. Its Location sub-node is best as your files have no tags.
I'm using the latest Windows release.

Peke contacted me via PM and said I should write to a dev about it. My reply was the below:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks! It *may* have had to do with one of these factors:

1) My library was huge (it contained almost 20,000 entries)
2) Most of my library was in drives that were not attached at the time
3) I was trying to remove untagged FLAC files from the Now Playing list, as mentioned
4) I had both MagicNodes and RegEx Find and Replace extensions installed

When I uninstalled the extensions, AND cleared my library, then the Now Playing list worked as it should (I could remove things from it).

I wonder if - because of the size of the library - it caused problems with Now Playing.

Anyway, I may try to recreate this issue. If I can, I'll send that message.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The Library isn't large at all for MediaMonkey, many have in the hundred thousands. It's likely some gremlin snuck in as non of those conditions should cause the problem.