Trouble creating play lists

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

doane2u

Trouble creating play lists

Post by doane2u »

I'm not sure how you do this. If I create a new play list it's In the tree structure on the left and I can drag music over to the play list there and add it, but I would like to have the play list on the right side, the play now window, so I can see all the files added to it and be able to drag pieces over to it from the main window after playing them first. Every time I try to play one first it automatically is added to the the play now window. I'm confused about how you do this.

In the options for music I have the "play selected files only" checked and I checked the "ignore auto DJ"

Thanks,
Media Monkey Gold 5
Windows 10 Home 64x
MB Gigabyte Z590 UD AC w/ Intel core i5-11600k 3.9GHz 6 core
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB DDR4-2600
Video EVGA GeForce GTX1660 TI
Audio Sound Blaster Z SBX Studio
C: Samsung 980 1TB M.2 NVME SS
E: SATA Western Digital Black 1TB (to be replace with a Samsung 980 1TB M.2 NVME SS)
MMFrLife

Re: Trouble creating play lists

Post by MMFrLife »

1. By default (if I remember correctly), the Now Playing Window is on the right side and
the Tree, which contains the playlists, is on the left.You should be able to move the Tree
to the right side after moving Now Playing somewhere else first. After the tree is moved,
you can move Now Playing to the left or elsewhere if desired.

2. All tracks when played show in Now Playing, as that's what it literally means, tracks that
are "now playing". You don't need to worry about the Now Playing area. If you want a track
on a playlist after you preview it first, just drag it over to the playlist in the tree you
want it on and move on to playing the next one. When you are done, just clear Now Playing.

3. If you want to create a playlist from the Now Playing playlist, preview a bunch of tracks and
go back when done to edit/remove (right-click menu on track) the one's you
don't want > select all > right click > follow playlist menu.

- The Now Playing area temporarily playlists only what you've played. If you want it to exist as a
saved playlist in the tree, you have to take further action. But you can't make it not show up in Now Playing
when you click to preview it.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The Now Playing (window/node) is not a Playlist in that sense. It is a list of files the Player will play.

You can use it as a staging area, but will need to save it at some point to a Playlist if you want to keep it as Playlist. The Play Now Action under Tools > Options > Playback Rules controls which files get added to the Now Playing.
doane2u

Post by doane2u »

Thanks everyone, The problem I was having was hearing a selection before adding it to a playlist that I had loaded over on the play now side because I want to see the list as I add music to it. If I tried to listen to one first it would automatically add it to the list and I then would have to go over and remove it if I decided I didn't want it in the playlist.

Anyway, I found the solution in one of the addons for MM called Multi-Previewer 1.4. It's a really neat little window that you can pop up when you select several songs you want to preview. You can configure it for what part of the songs you want to hear, for how long, and then you listen to each one in your preview list, then click a button at the bottom to select where you want to add it to your play list, or click a button to skip it and listen to the next one. Very nice little addition to MM that adds a lot of convenience. Thanks to Andreas Weichert

Thanks again for trying to help.
Media Monkey Gold 5
Windows 10 Home 64x
MB Gigabyte Z590 UD AC w/ Intel core i5-11600k 3.9GHz 6 core
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB DDR4-2600
Video EVGA GeForce GTX1660 TI
Audio Sound Blaster Z SBX Studio
C: Samsung 980 1TB M.2 NVME SS
E: SATA Western Digital Black 1TB (to be replace with a Samsung 980 1TB M.2 NVME SS)