Unstable play back

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

jcspirited

Unstable play back

Post by jcspirited »

Everything was fine till I updated flash player. It made itself default media play. Now when I play a track in media monkey it freezes up. Whit out a lot of explanation, it is very glitchy. Any info, help would be nice. Not to many, if any media players as good as media monkey.
I did make media monkey default player, didn't help
Lowlander

Re: Unstable play back

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MediaMonkey and have you recently run File > Maintain Library with complete optimization checked?
jcspirited

Post by jcspirited »

Sorry for taking so long to reply. I have Version: 4.1.13.1801 License: Standard Edition (Unregistered). I have ran the maintenance program too. The issue is with mp3 file. Wav file play stop, forward, revers, anything no problem. With a mp3, if I grab the progress line and drag it forwards it take a few seconds to start to play.
I use Media Monkey to practice songs. So if I want to back up and go over a portion of the song, or forward to another part of the song. I use the progress line to move to the part of the play back I need. When I do, it takes a few seconds to start to play. It really screws me up when I'm trying to play along.
Also, the audio files are not on the main hard drive C:. They are on a second drive. I have been using media monkey for a few years with no problem. It seems this start when I did an update to flash player. I have uninstalled flash player, no help.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Are the WAV files also on this second hard drive?

You can try a different Output Plugin (Tools > Options > Output Plug-ins) or a different MP3 solution: http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... le/View/99
jcspirited

Post by jcspirited »

The, all audio fills are on the same secondary drive. Media Monkey WASAPI output, out_WASPAI.dll is what Iv been using. I will try Media Monkey Direct Sound output, out_MMDS.dll. Kinda shouting in the dark, don't know the default or the best output to use.
jcspirited

Post by jcspirited »

Also, a window opens with media monkey, DeFX for Winamp. I changed skins and that comes with the skin. Don't use it don't what it. Is there any way to keep it from opening with media monkey?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

That may be the problem. Disable it again in the MediaMonkey Options.
jcspirited

Post by jcspirited »

I have disabled DeFX for winamp. It seems to be ok now. Thanks for you help and time. Media Monkey is the best
GMGJ

Post by GMGJ »

This was helpful to me. I turned it on by accident. Could not find how to turn off