Tracks missing from library...

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

bramish

Tracks missing from library...

Post by bramish »

Hi,

Hope somebody can help with this. When I do a search for dead links I get around 50 tracks that are greyed out and unplayable. I don't know why they're suddenly like that.

I rescanned the library and got the result shown in the screenshot.

http://i.imgur.com/yuWccz5.jpg

I don't understand why that block of Unknown ones in the middle are that way - I couldn't locate them manually but I definitely haven't deleted them so I don't know why they're missing. They're all tracks that I've renamed in MM so maybe that has something to do with it?

Some of the files I could locate manually, as shown in the right window with the highlighted files so I don't know why they're in this list at all.

Any advice?

Thanks.
MMFrLife

Re: Tracks missing from library...

Post by MMFrLife »

So, you did locate moved/missing > removed them from the library > rescanned E:\Music\ > and everything is fine now, you're just confused?
Does dead links still show anything?
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
bramish

Post by bramish »

No - they are not added to the library when scanning. These tracks are either missing completely or are not being added when scanned. Dead links still shows the same files
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Ok, so you did press "remove" in the locate moved/missing dialog and they still show as missing.

Did you try searching for one of the missing files using Windows Search field (not just looking around in folders)?
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜