Same album/different songs everywhere

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

mynetdude

Same album/different songs everywhere

Post by mynetdude »

They are not duplicates, I checked... I checked the folder all the songs are in the same folder and I've compared them to other folders and there's nothing inherently different except some folders have a subfolder while others do not and they seem to be fine. How do I make MMW (I have the latest version, Windows 10 and have Gold license) show these songs as one album rather than scattered all over my album view? These albums are from Noisetrade (hey I like some legit free music ;) ).

Another thing is I just got Megalithic Symphony Deluxe edition which has a 2nd CD as the non Deluxe does NOT come with the extra songs; but I noticed that MMW is not showing song tracks from CD 2 even though they are in the same folder... what's up with that? (oh yeah they're all mp3 from Amazon)
dtsig

Re: Same album/different songs everywhere

Post by dtsig »

Check Album Artists, Album, track # and disc number (for the 2 disc ones). This is always a tagging error ..
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
mynetdude

Post by mynetdude »

dtsig wrote:Check Album Artists, Album, track # and disc number (for the 2 disc ones). This is always a tagging error ..
Ah just correct the tags... gotcha

what about all the other ones that look like singles but they are not and are all over the place? Tagging error too?
mynetdude

Post by mynetdude »

dtsig wrote:Check Album Artists, Album, track # and disc number (for the 2 disc ones). This is always a tagging error ..
Err how do I check tags for tracks I can't see?
AlanH

Post by AlanH »

Normally it's because the album artist is different but like has already been said check the album info and the disc number as well.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

mynetdude wrote:
Look for them under the location tree node. you should be able to go to the location and maybe then find the files without data. You might also find them under the 'added' date/time stamp. Rightclick on the columns and add ADDED to the list of columns showing. That might also help .. unless they were all added at the same time. You could also add FILENAME to the columns and sort/look there.

I know it is late .. BUT .. i always first check tags before moving into MM. You never know what gets put in them if anything. Use a tagger like Tag&Rename ($) or others that have been mentioned that are free. Get the primary tags set first them move into MM
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
mynetdude

Post by mynetdude »

dtsig wrote:
mynetdude wrote:
Look for them under the location tree node. you should be able to go to the location and maybe then find the files without data. You might also find them under the 'added' date/time stamp. Rightclick on the columns and add ADDED to the list of columns showing. That might also help .. unless they were all added at the same time. You could also add FILENAME to the columns and sort/look there.

I know it is late .. BUT .. i always first check tags before moving into MM. You never know what gets put in them if anything. Use a tagger like Tag&Rename ($) or others that have been mentioned that are free. Get the primary tags set first them move into MM
I might be able to still do tag/rename even though its late in the game, how does Tag&Rename compare to the other free ones?
mynetdude

Post by mynetdude »

dtsig wrote:
mynetdude wrote:

I have dbpoweramp; that took care of the tagging issues with Megalithic Symphony but so far it did not with one of my albums that looks like its scattered all over the place but its not so how do I "merge" all of them to be in one album?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

An Album is where all files have the same Album value and the same Album Artist value. So you'll need to locate all the files on the Album and make sure that is the case. If the files are in the same folder on your PC use the Location node to navigate to that folder.
mynetdude

Post by mynetdude »

Lowlander wrote:An Album is where all files have the same Album value and the same Album Artist value. So you'll need to locate all the files on the Album and make sure that is the case. If the files are in the same folder on your PC use the Location node to navigate to that folder.
The album alue is consistent;the Album artist is NOT consistent... I see there is Arist and then Album Artist... what do I put for Album artist? Or just remove them?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

For Album Artist you can use any value as long as it is the same for all files on the Album. For compilation Albums most will use something like Various, Various Artists or VA.
mynetdude

Post by mynetdude »

Lowlander wrote:For Album Artist you can use any value as long as it is the same for all files on the Album. For compilation Albums most will use something like Various, Various Artists or VA.
ah I figured it out :) and found a blog that explained the difference between artist and album artist :)

Now my collection looks a lot better ;) dbpoweramp is a really good app it not only edits ID tags but it can convert as well (obviously don't convert mp3s by any means)
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey can do that too.