Refreshing Autoplaylists

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

aj77

Refreshing Autoplaylists

Post by aj77 »

Each playlist I create keeps the same songs in the same order. So anytime I sync a playlist to a device I get the same songs every time. I have a music collection which is quite large so there is no reason for a playlist to always have the same songs in the same order all the time.

How can I refresh playlists so that they have different music from time to time? How can I randomize the order my playlists are in? New user. Thanks! :P
MMFrLife

Re: Refreshing Autoplaylists

Post by MMFrLife »

Not sure if you can do that, especially with autoplaylists which are a bit more strict in what they can do.

I agree that if not, that should be an option. Some people may like "some" of their playlists to have the same order all
the time because of the way a specific order plays on them emotionally. However, the option to change this up but at any
time revert it back to its original (or any custom set order) would be the cat's pajamas :wink:

If someone doesn't have a solution, you may want to wishlist it.

Does your device have the ability to play random/shuffle?
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

AutoPlaylists are always refreshed each time they're used. You'll need to sort Random and perhaps limit the amount of the files on the AutoPlaylist to get a different list each time you sync the AutoPlaylist.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

i do what lowlander said and add rule that only picks songs last played x days prior to the current date.
songs are always changing then, provided you play the whole playlist when you play it. otherwise the songs on the list that didn't get played have the chance of being added next time the list opens.

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.