MM library only shows 100 files

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Ewan_Hoozami

MM library only shows 100 files

Post by Ewan_Hoozami »

Hi

My music library has many thousands of files in it, or at least it did until today, but it now shows only 100. The files are still on the disk.

Any theories on how to fix this problem other than reimporting all the files again? How do I even find the library file? I might have a recent backup of it if I knew where the heck it is kept.

thanks

Ewan
Lowlander

Re: MM library only shows 100 files

Post by Lowlander »

You may be filtering what is shown (File > Manage Collections).
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

Post by Guest »

Hi Lowlander

I haven't knowingly changed any settings in that, to my knowledge I've not even looked at it before.

I keep the files in a directory called, let's say c:\Ewan's Music, which has a dozen or so genre directories, with artist subdirectories and album sub-sub directories.

Only three of the genre subdirectories are showing. The first shows an artist, 2 albums and some music files, the next shows 3 artists, some albums and some files, the last shows an artist and an album name but no files.

It's seems as if MM was reading the files and for some reason stopped when it got to 100.

I've tried a reboot, but that didn't help.

It was working normally yesterday and I've not installed anything or modified anything since then.

thanks

Ewan

Post by Guest »

Hi I just tried Add/rescanning all the files, and while it showed them scanning, they still don't appear in the library, the library seems to have a limit of 1 gb of files as far as I can tell.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Guest wrote:It was working normally yesterday and I've not installed anything or modified anything since then.
So, somewhere back when you scan your files in and everything was working great?
Guest wrote:It's seems as if MM was reading the files and for some reason stopped when it got to 100.
...and then at one point it just started reading your files?

What version?
MM user since 2003 (lifetime since 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
MMW 4.1.31.1919;
wiki- track properties
; favorite scripts: RegExp Find & Replace 6.0.0.49e.v.,
Magic Nodes 6.0.0.26e.v., Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.8.2, Clear Now Playing Button 1.2, (Backup 6.0 but buggy :(); check out ZvezdanD's scripts; explorer alt. for power users [free]- "Q-Dir"; favorite file/folder renamer- "ReNamer" (den4b)
...always back it up, at least before anything major!!!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

There is no limit. As mentioned files may be filtered through the Collection criteria. Use Entire Library (enable under File > Manage Collections) to bypass any filtering. It will show all files in the MediaMonkey Library.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)