MM4 Library Tree Always Starts Collapsed

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

supremeox

MM4 Library Tree Always Starts Collapsed

Post by supremeox »

Hi,

I have an odd problem. MM4 is always starting with the library tree collapsed. I have Magic Nodes, and it also starts collapsed even though I have the "Skip expanding..." option unchecked. Any MediaMonkey gurus have a suggestion on how to get it to show me the library expanded to where I left it when I shut down?

Thanks!
Lowlander

Re: MM4 Library Tree Always Starts Collapsed

Post by Lowlander »

Was the last node selected prior to shutdown a MediaMonkey standard node or a MagicNodes node?
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
supremeox

Post by supremeox »

I've tried several. Magic Nodes, a regular library node, and playlists.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Don't know about MagicNodes, but MediaMonkey should start with the last node selected. If it doesn't it tends to indicate that MediaMonkey isn't closing properly (as that's when settings like this are saved). Are you on MediaMonkey 4.1.10 and does MediaMonkey disappear from the Task Manager after closing?
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
supremeox

Post by supremeox »

This is so weird. After not working for three days, it's back to working as expected. I didn't do anything new, it just decided to work. I've been working with computers long enough to know that at this point you don't ask why, you're just glad it works and you move on.

Thanks for the help!
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

my guess is some bitrot was cleaned out of the cache by a cleaning program like ccleaner or jet cleaner. and that allowed monkey to work again, 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.